What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: They're back and they are degenerates....  (Read 9630 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
They're back and they are degenerates....
« on: November 08, 2006, 05:40:24 pm »
the Little Tyke Spa Company is set up about 2 blocks from me again out in the mall parking lot.   A lady just stopped by my store and gave me the scoop.  

Quote: "They're insane!  The guy working the booth is nothing but a sleazeball car salesman.  He told me that if there was a problem with the spa that the HotSpring dealer (East Texas Spa) keeps parts in inventory and would service it."

BULLSQUAT!

I put this notice on my front door:

They are a scummy company with dirtbag employees.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

They're back and they are degenerates....
« on: November 08, 2006, 05:40:24 pm »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Re: They're back and they are degenerates....
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 05:52:48 pm »
Don't hold back -- tell us how you really feel! :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:53:13 pm by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

IdahoGuy

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:45:11 pm »
Unbelievable!   That's pretty ballsy of they to 'volunteer' your parts and service.  Git the gun ready.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 06:48:37 pm »
Are they selling hotsprings spas also?

How do their prices compare to yours?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 06:59:00 pm »
Are they selling hotsprings spas also?

How do their prices compare to yours?

This is a repeated theme. "Little Tyke spas" is Term's way of saying Master spas. They have a traveling road show that goes from town to town selling out of a tent, making whatever promise they need to to sell a spa before they pack and run. If you ask them who'll service the spa the typical response is that the local Master dealer will (which is always news to them). Maybe they don't have a local dealer in his area so it seems they have volunteered Term and his crew to service the owners needs after the big top comes down and the clowns move on to the next town. I've visited them as well and they are slick indeed.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 07:03:24 pm »
I love it when master spa has a sale, they see their spas first, then see mine. Put them next to each other and it's easy to see which is the better quality. Term, get some spas outside and put up a banner!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 07:10:24 pm »
[ If you ask them who'll service the spa the typical response is that the local Master dealer will (which is always news to them)..

And this is one of the major reasons that the long time Master Spa dealer in my town now sells QCA spas.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 07:14:15 pm »
Term,

We know your feelings, and justification for it, about this show, but is this the same sign as last year?  Are they still offering this same rebate scam?  Consumer's trust is defunct correct?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 07:31:21 pm »
Term,

We know your feelings, and justification for it, about this show, but is this the same sign as last year?  Are they still offering this same rebate scam?  Consumer's trust is defunct correct?

They were here about 3-4 months ago and were still offering a rebate.  A couple of my customers went and talked to them and they were offered it.  

ANY COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL THAT HAS BEEN OR WOULD BE INVOLVED IN SUCH A BLATANT SCAM SHOULD BE KICKED IN THE COOCH, PRESENT COMPANY INCLUDED.

Terminator
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:31:46 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

saben

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 10:03:28 pm »
I have had a Master Spa LSI557 for 2 years now. I did not have to deal with any kind of rebate and when I did have a problem the dealer fixed it within 2 days. I used this forum for research when I purchased my spa and although I haven't posted I am well aware of past rebates. I bought my spa based on the dealer and the 5 years of a no pro-rated warranty. I will be moving to into a new home soon and will sell this spa and purchase another larger Master Spa from the same dealer. I have never seen this show in PA , but I don't think the show is a true reflection of the spas themselves.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 06:23:06 am »
How could you not have seen the show in PA.  Everytime I go shopping there from Canada they have a masterspa show.  

I am sorry but your first post???? seems fishy to me,   Im calling BS here

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 07:16:38 am »
How could you not have seen the show in PA.  Everytime I go shopping there from Canada they have a masterspa show.  

He is from the Pittsburgh area.  When "the show" came to Columbus, I saw the tubs and their marketing lies about the show, but no mention of the rebate.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 08:24:50 am »

Well this is post number 1316 for me.  Everyone here knows what I own and how I feel about it.  bosco, for you or anyone else to have this kind of attitude truly stinks.....stinks as much as these yahoos that are marketing MasterSpas in such a devious manner.  As I have said over the last 2+ years of frequenting this forum, I have NEVER seen this show but I certainly acknowledge that they exist...the only knowledge of these shows I have comes from this forum...and I know and trust everyone here enough to know they exist...only because it is said here.  I think it stinks and it indeed troubles me that MS allows it to happen.  Whether MS knows that out-and-out lies are being told regarding tech support after the sale is not known but they damn should be told and should put a stop to it.  If they choose to market with travelling road shows, then that's their decision but it should be upfront and honest...and this one is obviously not.

And Guz said:
I love it when master spa has a sale, they see their spas first, then see mine. Put them next to each other and it's easy to see which is the better quality. Term, get some spas outside and put up a banner!!
You know, Guz, this isn't the first time you've pissed me off with your smartass comments regarding MS quality and trying to link it to these shows.  Of course it's easy to be have such a "kick'em when their down" attitude when the gang behavior takes over. >:(

We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

saben

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 08:31:22 am »

Twenty plus miles to the nearest mall or small city, 60 miles east of Pittsburgh, really there are no spa shows here. If the admimistrator keeps stats he could probably show that more people lurk than register and post. This forum and others helped with the electrical needs and install, to the actual purchasing of my tub.

Be sorry if you wish, call BS and you just might hear an echo.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:07 am »
Come on now folks, we all know the top 2 manufacturers in the world are Thermospas and Hot Springs!

It says so in their infomercials .... ;) ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42