What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: refilling tub after.....  (Read 3357 times)

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
refilling tub after.....
« on: November 16, 2007, 11:39:51 am »
I finally got the leaky light fixed. that was a small chore to do but I got it done. I am filling the tub up now, the water is about 55 degrees. Does anyone think I will be able to get a soak in tonight. Tub holds 490 gallons. So I guess the question is can the water get up over 100 degrees by tonight. Power to the tub will be on by 12pm.

Hot Tub Forum

refilling tub after.....
« on: November 16, 2007, 11:39:51 am »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: refilling tub after.....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:05:26 pm »
If your spa is like mine, the water temp should increase about 5-8* per hour.  You need to raise the temp 45*.  So worst case, by 9pm you should be good to go.

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:03:58 pm »
that is what i was thinking too Dax. it will be nice ot get back in the tub. it's been empty for over a week. wasn't very happy about that.

Steelerpete

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 09:16:41 am »
I use the laundry tub tap and fill the tub with half hot half cold and the tub is about 70 degrees when it's full.

Pete :) :)

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 08:17:16 am »
I thought you could not fill with hot water? Something about tripping the heater?  I will be filling mine today... I would like to get it heated quickly!  How about the mineral deposits that they say sit in your water heater... what will that do to your hot tub chemical balance?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 08:33:51 am »
Vista,

You have a premium spa right? You'll get 5-7 degrees an hour on 220v. Your tap water is probably still atleast 50 degrees. That's only about 8 hours until it gets above 100. For me it's not worth completely draining my hot water heater to save maybe 2 hours. Especially with the price of natural gas going thru the roof!

If you want to speed up the heat up time using just your spa, you can always turn your main pumps on for 10-15 minutes with the cover on, every hour or so. I do this about 2-3 times during the course of my heat up process. Mainly towards the end when I get a little anxious. It'll probably bump your hourly average up about a degree or two if you do it every hour.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 09:32:06 am »
Chad,

Good point.... my hot water heater is run off my oil burner... and we all know what the oil prices are looking like!!!  I will run my pumps for a while on every hour... I did that when I had the Bengal it heated up in under 5 hours... but thats 170 fewer gallons! Not to mention the Bengal had a 6000w heater... the Vista only has 4000w.. ( sounds smaller...and I am assuming because it is the one that will be hooked to my 20amp... it must be?? right?? lol )

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 09:32:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42