What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Lotus Bay and poor dealer response  (Read 3874 times)

Plantguy

D1 Lotus Bay and poor dealer response
« on: November 02, 2007, 12:46:38 pm »
I had a 2006 floor model D1 Lotus Bay installed approximately 2 weeks ago from a dealer 120 miles away. The dealer had no issue with the distance or being able to service a spa as he stated he had spas 'up and down the coast'. At the install 2 lights were blinking indicating I the spa needs service and I should call the dealer. The spa was missing 1 pillow, the steps were the wrong color, and many screws were stripped in the cabinet. The installer promised to check the next day on the issue. He also gave me different advice than my electrician on wiring and on his advice I let him redo the wire from my box and install the spa's wiring too. My electrician has since said his work did not need to be redone and sent me articles which seems to prove so. I noticed 3 days after the install a leak under one corner. Although I have phoned and left a message for the owner and emailed him I have not been able to get them to come back and service the spa for the leak or the blinking lights. I do not know what damage the leak may be causing. Any advice as to what action I should take next? Based on their behavior so far I have no confidence in their ability to provide adequate sevice and am considering asking for a full refund so I can go to a different dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Lotus Bay and poor dealer response
« on: November 02, 2007, 12:46:38 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: D1 Lotus Bay and poor dealer response
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:57:51 pm »
Where are you at? Maybe I can get a fire lit? I know many of the D1 dealers in the country and would be more than happy to try and help. ;)
-SpaMan~

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 03:52:34 pm »
My standard question:

How did you pay for the spa?  If by credit card, dispute the payment.  As a dealer, I know that lights a fire.  Not a pleasant one, but it is effective.  Yours seems to be a legitimate time to do so.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:47:27 pm »
Call the manufacturer as well.  D1 is a brand with a good reputation.  They may be able to put some pressure on the guy.  Since you bought it new and it is leaking, they may just replace it right away.  I know Hot Spring has a policy that they replace spas if they leak in the first 90 days.  

There is always the BBB - although that is slow and many times ineffective.

Good Luck.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 09:50:31 pm »
Sorry for your trouble, but I just have to ask - why did you accept the spa if there were those issues upon delivery?  My dealer had me inspect everything about the spa at least cosmetically because I didn't have it wired up at that point.  Hope everything works out for you!

clover

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 12:10:34 pm »
I had a 2006 floor model D1 Lotus Bay installed approximately 2 weeks ago.....
At the install 2 lights were blinking indicating I the spa needs service and I should call the dealer.....
..The spa was missing 1 pillow.....
..the steps were the wrong color.....
..many screws were stripped in the cabinet.....
..The installer promised to check the next day on the issue..... (or issues)
..He also gave me different advice than my electrician on wiring.....My electrician has since said his work did not need to be redone.....
..3 days after the install a leak under one corner....
..I have phoned and left a message for the owner and emailed him
..am considering asking for a full refund so I can go to a different dealer.

Sorry to hear about your issues of concern.  2006 Floor Model Lotus bought in 10-07 sounds like you got a pretty good deal on an exceptionally good Hot Tub, but, I agree, it should still be 100%.  The two blinking lights sound like you system is telling you that you have an air lock in the circ pump or one of the other pumps.  Have you read your owners manual?.  1) Release the air lock and the lights stop blinking.  As for the pillow and the screws, 2) have him send them out, those are simple issues easily corrected.  Remember, it is a floor model that you got  a good deal on, and the screws have probably been screwed in and out several times rounding the phillips head.  Screws are cheap and in this case have tarnished your impressions.  It happens.  The steps, well they are new and can simply be swapped out if that is the case.
The LEAK, well is it the front left corner.  Check your owners manual to locate the corner drain, it should be the front left corner, observe the drip, and tighten it.  That should stop your leak.

You contacted the owner and they have not been out.  But, what did they have to say and what did the installer do to follow up the dilivery issues?

As for the refund, now is not the time to come to conclusions.  I would stronly suggest that you work with your dealer because you are going to have this unit for a very long time.  If you still remain unsatisfied, call D1 or write the details down and send it to them.  There is no question in my mine that both the dealer and D-1 want you to be happy.

Most problems that arise in the first few weeks of operation are usually produced by a lack of understanding and orientation.  This is certainly understandable, but the dealer should be there to help.

Other than these issues, have you been enjoying the Hot Water experience?
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

scromey

• 2007 D1 Nautilus (Love it)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 10:51:26 am »
Plantguy,
I hope you are able to resolve your issues through the dealer, but I had to email D1 directly to get my issue resolved. I think my dealer is having personal issues and closing his store. D1 was extremely willing help with my issue (never got the right color/model steps that I ordered 8/15/07).  I have another dealer that is a little farther for future issues.

Please post whether or not you got your issues resolved. It's good to have another D1 spa buddy on this site. I love my D1 Nautilus.  I think the Lotus Bay is a step up from my Nautilus with some more std features LFX lighting, etc. , but was too much $$$ for my budget.  
scromey

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 10:51:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42