What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: wet foot prints  (Read 3653 times)

IlliniFan

wet foot prints
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:25:55 pm »
We are in the process of building an addition to our house.  OUr spa is on a deck off of our bedroom.  I am sure that when we run into the bedroom, there may be some water that will drip on the carpet.  Has anyone had any problems with discoloration/bleaching?  Thanks for your replies.

Hot Tub Forum

wet foot prints
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:25:55 pm »

TwinTowers

Re: wet foot prints
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:26:26 pm »
My wife would have noticed them a lot quiker than I would have. We use bromhine and havent been yelled at by the wife yet. ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:37:55 am »
If you dry off a little bit and wrap yourself in a towel or robe before going inside, you'll greatly minimize any dripping.  We have a mat on the inside where we come in from the spa, and we've dripped on it for years.  No chloring burns, or other damage.
 I don't think the chlorine level in my water is high enough to burn anything.
  Even our swimwear isn't affected by direct soaking in the spa water.  I've had swimming pool water damage my suits over time, but never the spa.
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:54:16 am »
The only problem we have had is I occasionally get a little chlorine on my robe as I'm adding it to the water before going in the house.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TubsAndCues

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 09:01:12 pm »
We've got a dark wine colored carpet were we re-enter the house from the tub, and so far I haven't had any problems.

I'll admit though, I was worried about it too, especially since I'm renting right now and don't want to have to pay for new carpet!!!

I do my best to dry off fast, but when it's cold I don't take as much time.  But I've found having a robe to toss on and either ditching my trunks underneath it into the towel or using the towel like a diaper solves most of the dripping.

BTW, I'm a bromine user.

IlliniFan

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 10:00:31 pm »
Thanks all!  Sounds like I don't need to worry about choosing carpet colors.  I was afraid if I choose something darker, it might bleach out.  I know we will just run in through the sliding glass door.  

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:37:59 am »
if you think about it, if the water had enough chlorine to bleach the carpet, it would be unsafe for us to go in.  Imagine what that would do to our skin.  Also, if you are using chlorine, I believe when you soak, the levels should be lower. Is that not why dichlor is preffered over bromine for some??

I use bromine, and other than getting dry skin sometimes from the bromine, we have never had an issue with items being bleach.  It is far to diluted to expierence these results.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:37:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42