What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cloudy water after shocking  (Read 4204 times)

Tonyf

Cloudy water after shocking
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:43:30 pm »
Is it normal to have cloudy water after doing the shock treatment. I ran the pumps for 25 minutes, turned off the pumps and about 10 minutes later after letting the the water settle, it was cloudy. It did look cloudy before shocking. Is the cloudy condition due to dead impurities that will be filtered out? I'm using dichlor with EZspa which has MPS weekly in two week old water which did not cloud up last week after shocking. This sytem only calls for dichlor once a week unless there is heavy useage.
Tony

Hot Tub Forum

Cloudy water after shocking
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:43:30 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Cloudy water after shocking
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:03:26 pm »
The water got away from you. Dichlor once a week is not good! Nothing but a sanitizer will kill bacteria.

Yes, the cloudiness was probably caused by bacteria and now dead bacteria. Do not go into the spa until the chlorine has time to work - at least an hour.

The best thing is to squirt a little clarifier into the spa and once the water clears up, clean the filters.

Cyn

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:39:20 pm »
We have had a few discussions on here about E-Z Spa and their treatments.  I was started by my dealer on their starter kit and had some success but was always concerned about using such a small amount of dichlor and the fact that you can't actually measure the dichlor with their system and this is according to one of their sales reps.  Their internet site discusses their unusual properties but does not really give an explanation.  I ended up with readings of FC and TC that were off the charts using a Taylor kit and they never came down over the months while I did the weekly maintenance, even before adding the weekly dosages and yet you could never use the test strips to measure FC with their system.  

Tonyf

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:04:58 pm »
Cyn:  I recall your comments about EZ Spa and decided to use up my starter kit from the dealer and then change to the dichlor and MPS as suggested. I am seeing now that it may be better just to go ahead and start the new system right away. Thanks for the comments.

Cyn

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:06:48 pm »
Good luck!!

TubsAndCues

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 08:03:58 pm »
So have you switched your system yet or are you still struggling with the cloudy problem?

Tonyf

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 08:21:48 pm »
Used some water clarifier today and then cleaned the filter. The filter was not very dirty at all, but that did the trick. I  went to the store and bought MPS today and will try it out on Sunday. Thanks for all of the comments.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 08:21:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42