What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is this true?  About ozonators.  (Read 2088 times)

tinybubbles

Is this true?  About ozonators.
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:32:20 am »
Ok, I was told that an ozonator only runs for 15 minutes out of every hour.  I have never heard this before.  Granted, the person that told me this has been known to get confused before.  I thought I'd run it by all you experts.

Hot Tub Forum

Is this true?  About ozonators.
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:32:20 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Is this true?  About ozonators.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:06:00 am »
Most ozonators run 24/7. Some turn off when buttons are pushed (my Artesian does that) for a set time and come back on.

Artesians used to be able to set the amount of time you want the ozonator to run IF you had a circ pump. Without a circ pump the ozonator would come on whenever the filter cycle came on. I think more tubs have some kind of option like this now.

I think the person is confused.

Doobiewah

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:42:28 am »
Tiny,

My newly read supplementary manual says that the ozonator on my HS tub runs 24/7.  When we were researching tubs, I can't recall finding any where the system wasn't on all the time (unless disconnected or manually shut down).

HTH

The Doob

TubsAndCues

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 02:40:56 pm »
As far as our tubs go, our ozonators run when ever the circ pump is running.  So, for the Hot Spring and Tiger River models, that's 24/7.  For the tubs that don't have a 24 hour circ pump, it depends on how often the tub is set to turn on and off for filtering.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 02:40:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42