What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Emergency Hot Tub Party  (Read 4294 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Emergency Hot Tub Party
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »
What a strange couple of days down here at the hot tub ranch!

Yesterday, my boss calls me at 2:00 and says "Close the store, go and pick up 10 cases of beer, a case of wine, and 30 bags of ice and drive to Tyler ASAP.  I just found out 10 minutes ago that we are supposed to be hosting an after-hours mixer for the ET Builder's Association and there are going to be about 30-50 people here at 5:00!"

It turns out that our former office manager scheduled this about 6 months ago and forgot to tell anyone.

So I raced down to Harley's Discount Liquor and got 4 cases of Shiner Bock, 3 Bud Lights, some Michelob Ultra, Miller Lite, and merlot, chardonnay, and white zinfadel.  The boss's wife ordered some sandwich trays from Jason's Deli and we had the makings of a pretty nice party:

Tony Romo stopped by:

Stephan says "Hi" to all of ya'll (he is from South Africa and can't spell worth nothin'):

Everyone had a good time and raved about this being the best party of the year.  I told them that they should see what we do when we have more than 2 hours to get ready.

Found out today that I missed the drawing for booth space at the upcoming home show.  Our booth will be kinda small this year, but it actually worked out pretty good because we'll be in the only spot with a 220v hookup.  Plus, I'll be closer to the concession stand.

This nice lady and her husband came in and bought a Prodigy today.  She has back trouble...I can't imagine why:

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Emergency Hot Tub Party
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »

RK23

Re: Emergency Hot Tub Party
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:24:35 pm »
Sweet lookin 'tubs' Term.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:39:08 pm »
Nice beer cooler!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 05:43:58 pm »
Nice beer cooler!

Bout all its good for!!    8-) ;D

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 11:45:29 pm »
Your customer looks a little like Jessica Simpson.   :)
Mike

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 07:38:50 am »
I guess we know why this former office manager is former.  OOPS.  Did I forget to mention the big bash?  My bad.  

Your boss sucks.  Close up shop, run out and buy hundreds of dollars worth of alcohol with someone elses money, and spend the evening drinking it on company time.  

Sounds like a good time.  Too darn much lite beer, though.  I never understood those who have trouble deciding between Bud lite and Miller Lite.  Like there's an actual difference!   ;)

Brewman

Doobiewah

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 12:11:28 pm »
Great pix, Term!

Now that's one phone call from my boss that I'd gladly receive!  Our emergencies are never this fun.  Must be a TEXAS thing! ;)

The Doob

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 02:34:57 pm »

Whoa, a bit of deja vu all over again. The women on the right in this pic looks remarkably like an old girlfriend, at least in profile. Similar hair color and face and both wear glasses. Even the figure is similar, at least from the waist up.

Only difference is that this women doesn't have a caboose to match the old girlfriend. It didn't start that way but seemed to be on HGH during our relationship. Oddly enough it was about the only part that seemed to be affected.

Of course, it wasn't the reason we parted company. That was mostly because I discovered she was crazy. Seems I find that to often be the case with most women I date, if I hang around 'em long enough. I'm sure it can't be me...

Of course the exponential backside displacement didn't help matters any!

In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

TubsAndCues

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 03:59:24 pm »
Hey Term!  Looks like one of those nice girls swiped a filter out of what I'm guessing is a Sovereign.  Just cuz the girls are cute doesn't mean you don't have to keep an eye on 'em!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 04:11:41 pm »
Hey Term!  Looks like one of those nice girls swiped a filter out of what I'm guessing is a Sovereign.  Just cuz the girls are cute doesn't mean you don't have to keep an eye on 'em!

We gave it away as a door prize (short notice and all that).  We also gave away a drain cap, a rotary jet, and an old HotSpot POP sign.  The grand prize was a package of Ramen Noodles we found behind the microwave and a leftover bag of ice.

Times are tight in the spa industry.

Term

C-MeToasty

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 04:29:10 pm »
why is that?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 04:36:52 pm »
I reckon because we only mark our spas up $10 over wholesale and the value of the dollar has fallen.  We're seriously considering going up to $15-16 over wholesale, if the market will bear it.

Term

TubsAndCues

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 06:34:41 pm »

We gave it away as a door prize (short notice and all that).  We also gave away a drain cap, a rotary jet, and an old HotSpot POP sign.  The grand prize was a package of Ramen Noodles we found behind the microwave and a leftover bag of ice.

Times are tight in the spa industry.

Term

Dang, you guys are havin' a rough time.  We normally give away styrofoam bowl (that's open cell foam in case you're wondering) AND plastic spoon AND 2 napkins with our Ramen noodles.  And for the people that are really nice, we'll even throw in a complimentary salt and pepper pack for them!!!  

How about that for hospitality!!!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 10:37:06 pm »
I play fantasy Golf on the Internet.  Don't laugh!  Quite a few of my friends have won the $10K grand prize for a mear 22 weeks of paying attention and getting the right players.  I myself have only won a few thousand over the years  (1st place league pays $500).  But I digress, the point is that these guys are often coming up with very odd but memorable labels for their teams.   One guy is from France.  He registered his team with the moniker "Juaques Meough".  I am pretty certain the people running the game STILL have NO IDEA that this guy's name is Keith and that he is having a bit of fun at their expense.  Imagine if he had won the $10 grand.. The Winner of $10K Juaques Meough,  Hillarious!   But then again I digress..  I think my next team name will be "Emergency Hot Tub Party".  If I win the $10K with that team name, I'll personally fly down and take Term out for a dinner (on me)!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 10:37:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42