What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What about Infinity Mfg?  (Read 2989 times)

H2O Boy

What about Infinity Mfg?
« on: November 07, 2007, 08:14:45 pm »
I'm shopping for a Spa.  Costco has what appears to be a really good value.

It's a 5 to 6 person spa. With 2 x 6 hp pumps and 46 jets.

Including delivery and tax for under $3,900.

Any word on the Sun Peak" by Infinity?

Hot Tub Forum

What about Infinity Mfg?
« on: November 07, 2007, 08:14:45 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: What about Infinity Mfg?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:52:59 am »
Might be okay, it's problaby the best spa available in that price range.  Pump HP and jet counts are relatively meaningless.  Especially pump HP.  I doubt those pumps really are 6 hp.  But overquoting pump size is pretty common- especially in value priced spas, where there really isn't much else to brag about.  Same with jet count.
 What kind of jets?  Where are they placed?  
How will you get service WHEN you need it?  (You will eventually need it)

Problems I see with Costco (and similar) spas:

Nobody at Costco know sqat about them so you can't get any questions answered.
They don't have any installed with water in them, so you can't even see one operate, not to mention hopping in and seeing how it feels.
Nobody at Costco will be able to help you after the sale.  
You don't know how well this is constructed, or how well insulated it is, or anything like that.  Some cheap spas have little insulation- it's a way to cut down costs- and what you appear to save on the front end will be paid out forever in the form of higher power bils.

The fact that you have to come to an internet site to ask questions about a product speaks volumes.   For not too much more than what Costco is asking, you can get a spa of know quality, with good after the sale support.  

The ONLY thing these spas have going for them is that Costco has the no questions asked money back deal.  

I don't personally know anything about Infinity.  Never heard of them.  
Do they have a corporate web site you can browse?

Brewman

Doobiewah

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:01:43 pm »
I'm shopping for a Spa.  Costco has what appears to be a really good value.

It's a 5 to 6 person spa. With 2 x 6 hp pumps and 46 jets.

Including delivery and tax for under $3,900.

Any word on the Sun Peak" by Infinity?

We researched the Costco spas quite heavily and found they worked great in their price range for people in mild climates.  We live in Flagstaff, AZ where the temp drops below zero in winter.  Our friends in Phoenix who bought spas from Costco didn't mind paying extra every month because they thought they saved a lot of money over a 'major' brand name and felt that the extra utility cost would not eat up the savings they got from buying a Costco spa.  The people in Flag that we spoke to who bought Costco spas saw their electical bills skyrocket, especially in winter, due to the poor insulation and lack of energy efficiency that exists in the higher end spas but is not as prevalent in the lower end ones.  This was a key reason why we decided to stay away from them.  Another factor was a friend, who services spas in the area.  He said that he makes more service calls on Costco/Sams Club spas than on major brands and sees them break down faster and earlier in their life than the majors.  He also said he has trouble getting assistance from the manufacturers for parts and troubleshooting....and I'm not sure how much help Costco would/could be.  Also, when Costco changes brands next year, what then?  Additionally, things like filters, etc. might be harder to come by as time goes on versus a major manufacturer.

I also had a problem with the fact that you cannot 'wet test' these spas.  After reading a lot on this, and other, forums, I came to the conclusion that you HAVE to wet test.

JMHO, but after weeks of research, we decided that the savings would be eaten up and the life span would be shorter going the Costco route.  They have their niche in the market, I just don't see it as being the smartest purchase.  My spa tech friend said that he'd rather see people who are on a budget track down a good used major brand than buy new from Costco/Sams.

HTH

The Doob

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:01:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42