What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera jet pump shuts down???  (Read 1695 times)

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
Caldera jet pump shuts down???
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:02:57 pm »
I have a 2 month old Caldera Moorea tub. 3 different times jet pump 2 has shut down after 1-2 hrs of running. When this happens it will not come back on and just hums. I believe it's the thermal cut off as after it cools down after a hour or so it will work ok. It's happened these times when the kids will be in for a little while, then the adults go in (thus the extened run time). The dealer came right out after the second time and ran it full blast for a hour and it was ok. All the diagnostics were ok and he said during his run time jet 1 was actually running hotter than 2. There were no voltage drops, every thing was fine. He told me not to worry if it keeps doing it or if it finally gos it'll be covered. Any body have any ideas?? I did email Caldera but they never replied,maybe they knew the dealer came out? It happened tonight and cut my soak time (finally in the low 30's  :'(), kids were in it before me as my daughter had some friends over.  Just hate to have it go in the middle of winter.

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera jet pump shuts down???
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:02:57 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Caldera jet pump shuts down???
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:32:14 am »
I have a 2 month old Caldera Moorea tub. 3 different times jet pump 2 has shut down after 1-2 hrs of running. When this happens it will not come back on and just hums. I believe it's the thermal cut off as after it cools down after a hour or so it will work ok. It's happened these times when the kids will be in for a little while, then the adults go in (thus the extened run time). The dealer came right out after the second time and ran it full blast for a hour and it was ok. All the diagnostics were ok and he said during his run time jet 1 was actually running hotter than 2. There were no voltage drops, every thing was fine. He told me not to worry if it keeps doing it or if it finally gos it'll be covered. Any body have any ideas?? I did email Caldera but they never replied,maybe they knew the dealer came out? It happened tonight and cut my soak time (finally in the low 30's  :'(), kids were in it before me as my daughter had some friends over.  Just hate to have it go in the middle of winter.

If I am correct in assuming that you mean you're running the pumps on high speed 1-2 hrs I gotta agree it sounds like thermal cutoff. That's a long time in the spa for the pumps and the kids LOL!! Usually I'd say 45 min is kind of considered a long time to have the pumps running full bore let alone how long you're running them and on some models there is an auto 1 hr cutoff so you do't even get to the thermal cutoff point but in the end it sounds like your dealer is on top of it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:05:03 am »
What usually happens the daughters usually go in for a while then the son then me and the wife. I don't think they are ever running full bore this entire time but the are on either hi or low.  The dealer has never seen this before and is puzzled, thinks that even if it did shut down it should turn back on again for alittle while. I just was wondering if anyone else has expirenced this. Usually this does not happen as the longest self soak has been an hour and the pumps aren't running the entire time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:05:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42