What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: glassware / drinkware  (Read 7084 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
glassware / drinkware
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:24:49 pm »
Just curious.... If you take something to drink out to the spa, is it in glass or plastic? Are you concerned about using glass in the spa? If you use plastic, did you get plastic drinkware specifically for spa use?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

glassware / drinkware
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:24:49 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: glassware / drinkware
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 04:27:30 pm »
Just curious.... If you take something to drink out to the spa, is it in glass or plastic? Are you concerned about using glass in the spa? If you use plastic, did you get plastic drinkware specifically for spa use?

Glass is a MAJOR no-no near our spa. I've made it 8 years without having to deal with broken glass in my tub and we understand it as a family that it's a no-no. I even make it a point to remove my glass eye and leave it on the dresser before I go in the spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 04:41:57 pm »
No glass in my spa either.  We've got plastic for spa/pool/patio use.

Cyn

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 04:49:01 pm »
No glass for us.  We have plastic for patio use and so we use the platic glasses and wine glasses, etc. around the spa.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 04:57:22 pm »
We don't have a lot of matching glassware, and we have plenty of plastic cups from Buckeye football games.  I will occasionally take a glass into the spa if I'm buy myself and I keep it in the corner above the filter department, and it never leaves there. (I go to it for a drink and never lift it more than a couple of inches.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 04:59:48 pm »
No glass in my spa either.  We've got plastic for spa/pool/patio use.

Ditto, for us
Bullfrog 451

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 05:19:58 pm »
Beer Cans.....

anne

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 05:25:03 pm »
I bought plastic glasses and wine glasses for the spa, and that is all we use out there, but unfortunately they crack easily, and I think I have lost 3-4 of the 8 I bought about 18 months ago! Cheap Target cr@p.

Beer bottles do make it out there sometimes. Probably not wise, but I dont want to pour a nice cold beer into a room temp plastic glass.
Dance like nobody's watching

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 05:56:28 pm »
Beer Cans.....

I'm surprised it took so many responses to get this this  ;D I was betting by response #4

I bought plastic glasses and wine glasses for the spa, and that is all we use out there, but unfortunately they crack easily, and I think I have lost 3-4 of the 8 I bought about 18 months ago! Cheap Target cr@p.

Any recollection what they cost? And can you put them in the dishwasher?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Cyn

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 06:04:17 pm »

I'm surprised it took so many responses to get this this  ;D I was betting by response #4

Any recollection what they cost? And can you put them in the dishwasher?
I have bought moderately expensive plastic dinkware and cheap stuff...they all say dishwasher safe and they all mark fairly quickly from the dishwasher.  At least the ones we got.  

Helios

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 06:32:45 pm »
Walmart has cheap plastic freezer mugs. We leave them in the freezer and at tubbing time we fill them with ?
“Stupidity is not a crime…so you’re free to go”

Brookenstein

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:39 pm »
I've got a couple of nice plastic martini glasses that I paid maybe $5 each or less for I can't remember.  They are dishwasher safe and very thick and sturdy.  Then I've got the ones that go in the freezer and those are huge and are great for a mudslide.  Not that I would mix alchol and tubbing...  I think I got those at Target and were dirt cheap on clearance, but they are quite tacky looking with the green liquid inside.  The kids usually just use the plastic Lion King glasses that were sold at McDonalds 15 years ago....

James_Outlaw

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 07:07:11 pm »
Strahl Glasware
"doing better than I deserve!"

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 08:09:24 pm »
I take my coffee mug with me in the morning.

With coffee in it.

No breakage yet.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 08:27:23 pm »
For water there's plastic water bottles, for beer out of the bottle - yes there's glass but it's brown glass so it's easy to see if it gets dropped around the spa (haven't yet). If beer goes into a container - plastic.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 08:27:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42