What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coleman model 106 price  (Read 3331 times)

giarc

Coleman model 106 price
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:52:51 am »
Hi All,

Great forum.  

Was at a local home show last week and stopped by the Coleman distributor.  They were offering  the 106 model for $3995 saying it retails for $5499.  

How do you research pricing?  Do I need to go to each dealer and compare features and price?  Any sites that list the MSRP for spas?

The tub is for a rental property so I am looking for something under 5k, easy to operate and energy efficient.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Coleman model 106 price
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:52:51 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Coleman model 106 price
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:36:01 am »
You can ask the people in this forum, but realize that spas are sold by independant businesses, and can set prices to what the local market dictates.  Some areas of the country are just more expensive than others.  
 You can also just check at the spa dealers, and see what they are charging in your area.  
Some corporate web sites list suggested retail prices, not sure if Coleman does.

Brewman

loosenupspas

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:46:36 am »
The 106 is a nice tub......ease of use and low cost of operation are among its many benefits.  

C-MeToasty

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 09:07:29 am »
My dealer sells that model for 4,895 with cover cover lifter steps delivery ozone chemicals.

solo

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 10:00:07 am »
I found shopping for my spa similar to shopping for jewelry.  Almost every dealer would quote an outrageous MSRP, then take 20% off.  

I would look to pay probably no more than 70% of the listed MSRP (and you might be able to do better than this would good negotiating and patience).  Do know that at every place that I shopped, prices were highly negotiable.  There are some dealers with no haggle pricing, but none in my area.  

So my advice is to:

1.  Shop around, compare features and pricing.
2.  Wet test a lot of tubs.  DO NOT buy it without sitting in it full of water.
3.  Find a few that you like and make your best deals on them.  Competition drives prices down.  
4.  Be patient.  You are more than likely not going to get your best deal if you are in a rush.
5.  Have fun while you are shopping for a spa.  Don't make a chorte out of it like I did.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:07:03 am by solo »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 10:00:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42