What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What kind of spa do you own and why?  (Read 6933 times)

abc123

What kind of spa do you own and why?
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:14:13 am »
Please tell me what you own, how old it is, what you looked at, and why you decided on your brand.  Honesty please, if it was price just say it, if it was salesperson tell me what they did or mostly what they didn't do.  This would greatly help alot of people me included by making it short and sweet in one quick reponse.  Thank you in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

What kind of spa do you own and why?
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:14:13 am »

solo

Re: What kind of spa do you own and why?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:04:42 am »
I just bought a Jacuzzi J-365 because it was the right therapy at the right price.  The first thing that was important to me was that the spa provided the proper hydrotherapy. I also had to feel like I was buying a quality product that would last.  It also had to fit in my price range.  The Jacuzzi seemed to me to be the best mix of those 3.  

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:11:14 am »
2006 Hot Spring Envoy.

Bought to replace an old Hot Spring Prodigy damaged by a falling tree.
I chose this tub because of the good, long term experience I had with the old tub.
I didn't consider or shop any other tub brands.

Salesperson was straight up with me, no bull, and quoted a discounted, no haggle price (but price was not a big concern to me since this was an issue between the dealer and the insurance company)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:12:30 am by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

tinybubbles

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:13:14 am »
I have an Artesian Captiva.  I bought it for several reasons.  The dealer has been in business over 20 years and has an excellent reputation.  I liked the look of the spa and it had the features we wanted.  It felt great during the wet test.  It fit our budget.  

tinybubbles

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:17:34 am »
Oh sorry, in reference to the salesman.  What they didn't do: bash other spas, act like a used car salesman, and most importantly they didn't tell me what I wanted and what I didn't want.  I hate that.  I think I'm the best judge of what I want.  
What they did do:  give me directions to another dealer we were going to look at, it was nice and showed their confidence in their product.  Answered our questions, but not a whole lot more.  They let us look in peace and quiet.  Gave us their cellphone numbers in case we had questions when they were closed.  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 10:18:39 am »
I have a Marquis Epic '05. I bought it in December of 2005, so we will soon be celebrating 2 years of spatopia! I looked at Coleman, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Master, Down East, Caldera and Sundance spas along with the spas offered by Home Depot, Lowes and on line through Wal Mart, before deciding on my tub.  My desire to own a hot tub began because I have arthritis from Lyme disease and my doctor, along with others, suggested that the warm water would help.

What we found, as a family, was that the hot tub did much more than help my arthritis. It has become a great place to spend family time. My husband says he would never be without a tub now and as the cooler weather approaches, he doesn't dread winter any more. When we purchased, I wanted to be sure that my whole family could fit and enjoy the spa, so we bought a model much larger than we had originally intended.

The Epic is roomy enough to accomodate all of us (4) and we have had as many as 6 in the tub comfortably. The dealer that I found was excellent and my sales person knew the Epic very well, so when we did our wet test, we knew what we could expect from the tub. The Epic has trizone therapy which is wonderful, but (I think) a bit misunderstood until you get used to it. Our sales person gave excellent information and there was no pressure or deadlines to purchase. She knew the competition well and had literature available so I could readily compare with the other tubs that we were considering. Most importantly, she never had any negative things to say about any other tub manufacturer. One example was the Marquis theory that filtration can be done adequately with one of the large pumps opposed to a circ pump. She presented Marquis method and also helped me to understand more about circ pumps.

The Epic is also large enough for me to do warm water exersize, which is recommended by the Arthritis Foundation, so that was another factor in our choice.

So far,  I have had a defective spa light and a problem with my home monitor. Both issues were resolved immediately. I am very happy with the excellent, transferable warranty.

Sorry this wasn't short and sweet, but you asked and I think a short answer wouldn't help you understand WHY I purchased what I did... ;)

Boni
Support your dealer so they can support you!

96SC

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 12:03:59 pm »
2007 HS Vanguard, because that is what my wife liked.  I think the double moto-massager was the major selling point.  Plus the saleswoman was much more informative than any of the local dealers who had competitive brands. (Caldera, horrible, horrible, horrible dealer and L.A. Spa but all they had were some 'off brand' spas (I don't even remember the name)).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:11:54 pm by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 01:03:42 pm »
2006 Artesian Piper Glen.  Dealer was great...never talked down about the competition, just focussed on the tubs he sold (Artesian and Coleman).  The tub actually sold itself before we even got in it for a wet test.  When we did wet test, the dealer had us come in after closing and totally left us alone for a long time.  We knew we wanted a big tub with a foot dome and 4 corner seats.  Jets just hit us where it felt good!  :)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 01:56:34 pm »
2007 Sundance Cameo.  Tub had the best jets for me.  Liked the lounger.  Also the dealer came recommended from a friend who had purchased a tub off them several years ago.  Have had it four months, and not a day goes by that I regret my purchase.

abc123

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 02:33:44 pm »
This is great keep them coming.  Bonibelle I didn't mean your replies had to be short and sweet.  I meant that it would be a short and sweet place or people to find info fast from actual spa owners and for me to learn from.  So thanks for your reponses I very much appreciate it and I'm learning alot from all of you.

104 degrees

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 02:37:24 pm »
Nordic crown Xl. Its deep and runs great. It also has a great company behind it.

Cyn

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 03:57:04 pm »
Jacuzzi J-315.  We wanted a small tub for the two of us and a lounger.  The tub had to be good for my 6' 5" husband and me at 5' 4".  The first store we went to sold several brands of tubs but was pushing a certain brand.  Salesman was preoccupied, but he did take our phone number...never heard a word from him and he mis-quoted an amount when we later went in to check on some figures.  The Jacuzzi store was smaller and more relaxing in general.  No high pressure, but the sales person admitted she had just started work there and was not very well informed.  Even the manager was not the best on answering questions about comparing models, but they did not put other dealers down, etc.  Wet test and we were sold due to the great size...has 2 seats and one lounger.  We have been in heaven since the day we had it installed!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 04:16:02 pm »
This will sound bad and bias but hey I sell Jacuzzi!!  ;) So I dont own a spa and at some point I will, but just not ready for one yet nor is the landscaping around the house. We have only lived there a couple of years on 6 acres so lots of work little time. That and I only live about 8 minutes from the store and I have 3 different ones running so I can take my pick when I come to soak or bring the 2 kids down for a retreat.

Now I can take any spa I want home for free and have in the past just not this year, then sell it in the Spring for a discount which is a cool deal!  For me I would choose the Jacuzzi J-345 this spa just works great for me, nice size fits 4 very comfortably, has fantastic therapy and a fair price for the consumer. Many name brands I believe are over priced for what you get! Just because its expensive doesnt mean its better,and yes Jacuzzi is guilty of this also in some cases.  My next choice would be the J-470 for the same reasons of the J-345 only a bit bigger and a few more jets.

Like others have said some is the manufacturer, but more than that it has to fit your needs and budget and be something you are confident in and that you know you made the right choice for your needs!!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 04:42:57 pm »
A 2006 Jacuzzi J345.

Simply put: it's the best bang for your buck, imo.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 07:20:52 pm »
I have a Caldera Niagara.  Have owned it since October last year.  Love it.  The main seat has a neck blaster, calf jets and hand jets....that seat is why I bought it.  I wet tested 5 differnt tubs.  The only thing I might change is to have a full lounger.  I tub alone or with my son most of the time.  I think I might of liked it.  But overall...love it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 07:20:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42