What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Copper Sulfate (e.g. Rain Forest Blue)  (Read 1551 times)

Trenden

Copper Sulfate (e.g. Rain Forest Blue)
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:47:40 pm »
I’ve been experimenting with Copper Sulfate (sold under the brand names of Rain Forest Blue, Blue Juice  and Clean Water Blue) as my primary spa treatment for the last five months and thought I’d report to the forum in case anyone else is interested.  This isn’t meant to be a commercial…. but rather just a summary of my own experience with the product.

Here is how I use it in my 420 gallon spa:

After fill-up add 2 TBSP copper sulfate
Once a week I add about 2 tsp copper sulfate and 2 TBSP Dichlor to shock

That’s it .  Other than an occasional pH adjustment I’m not using anything else.   Water seems clear and I like the fact that it is odorless (before I was using Bromine and didn’t like the smell).  

Cost wise Copper Sulfate is running me about $0.80/month and the Dichlor about $1.68/month in those dosages, which seems pretty inexpensive.  

Anyway, I don’t have any complaints at this point.  The water is clear and pretty much odorless except for the day after shocking.  I’d love to hear if any of the experts here think I’m missing something or have had different experiences with the product.  

Hot Tub Forum

Copper Sulfate (e.g. Rain Forest Blue)
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:47:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42