What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help for the tech dummy  (Read 4312 times)

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
Help for the tech dummy
« on: November 26, 2006, 11:13:10 pm »
I know this has been posted before, but could someone pls explain once again how to post pictures? I have promised pics of my Tundra to those who expressed some interest in my modest setup, but my time is becoming quite limited and I have not been able to figure out how to do it. Pls give me step by step directions so that I can get this done. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Help for the tech dummy
« on: November 26, 2006, 11:13:10 pm »

tileman

Re: Help for the tech dummy
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 12:43:56 am »
Wes this is what I do.

-Log onto photobucket.com
-click the browse icon in the choose an image or video box
-your pics from your computer should appear in a seperate window
-double click on the image you want to post
-it should then appear in the box next to the browse icon
-click on upload icon
-after uploading is completed the pic will appear in your new album
-click on the little box below the pic
-then click the gen. HTML and IMG codes icon
-right click the info in the IMG images for message boards
-click select all
-right click highlighted info again
-click copy
-then go to this forum and start a new topic
-right click in the message box and click paste

That's it. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll try to help.

CHAD
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 07:28:05 pm by tileman »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 09:25:16 am »
Follow Tile's advice and upload the pic to photobucket.

Once the pic's in photo bucket, you'll notice  under the  picture, 3 strings of text/URL gobley gook. copy the complete line that starts with :   [ I M G

Paste that string into your response here.  

done.

/sorry T-man. Your advice on the gen was too much for me. I needed to dumb it down, for the slower folks  (like me).  ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 09:25:51 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 10:01:31 am »
Thanks a lot guys. You seem to have really laid the process out step by step. Now let's see if I can follow the simple directions and finally get my pics posted within the next day or two.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 12:11:16 pm »
This is the way Drewster taught me. Go to Imageshack   http://imageshack.us/  Click on the box next to file, Then click browse and find the image you want to upload, once you find the image and click it, the file name will appear in the box. Then click the box for resize image? Pick what size you want. Usually email and websites. That size is good so it won't be huge here on the forum and will fit the page. Then click "Host it" box. Once the picture is hosted or uploaded, go to the last string, it will say direct link to image. Which will be something like http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2519/galenzy4.jpg . Highlight the string, right click your mouse, select copy. Come to your post, click on the little box above the smilely faces, third from the left on top row. Its a picture frame. You'll get brackets,  Click between the brackets and paste the direct link to image string the click post.  Then a picture will appear with the post.  
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 05:32:30 pm by galen »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 12:14:26 pm »
Galen,

I've beenhaving toruble with image shack for a few months now.  I think it's because I updated my browser or need to update it...I dunno.

I actually prefer Photobucket (free, just like image shack).  After uploading the pic to photobucket, they give you 3 pre formated url strings, you just pick/cut the string that is appropriate for what you are doing. (in our case here, it's with  IMG brackets.
07 Caldera Geneva

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 12:30:09 pm »
I just stick with what you taught me. Its easy and have not had any trouble with the process. But I can see that the other site might be easier.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 12:34:28 pm »
/sorry T-man. Your advice on the gen was too much for me. I needed to dumb it down, for the slower folks  (like me).  ;)

Ummmmm, I think maybe your gona have to dumb something down for me. I got no idea what your talking about????? :-/
Retired

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 12:39:27 pm »

Ummmmm, I think maybe your gona have to dumb something down for me. I got no idea what your talking about????? :-/

I followed your instructions, but lost you after your line that read:

After that....there were too many words for me.  I had to re-read it several times (hey, I was only on my first cup of coffee).  ;).   I like P-bucket, as once it's in your album they have the URL lines formated already for you.  There's no need to use the image icon that is here, in this forum. It's a straight cut n paste.  

Keep those instructions handy. Like clockwork, every 3 months or so, someone calls out for them.  :)

07 Caldera Geneva

tileman

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 03:35:31 pm »
Thanks a lot guys. You seem to have really laid the process out step by step. Now let's see if I can follow the simple directions and finally get my pics posted within the next day or two.

Have you tried it yet?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 05:47:19 pm »

After that....there were too many words for me.  I had to re-read it several times (hey, I was only on my first cup of coffee).  ;).   I like P-bucket, as once it's in your album they have the URL lines formated already for you.  There's no need to use the image icon that is here, in this forum. It's a straight cut n paste.  

Keep those instructions handy. Like clockwork, every 3 months or so, someone calls out for them.  :)

Ohhhh I guess you were taking to TILE man not Tman!!!! I am tman short for tool man because I buy tools for a living with someone elses money!!!! Gravy.

Yea photo bucket is the way to go. To sum this up you need a web based album that this web board can draw from for it's photo inserts. Once you have an album stored at a web based storage whatchamacallit you can draw from it to post pictures here.

I'll take out the first and last [IMG] which procedes and follows the rest of this HTML language stuff, whatsit.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Tman122/Boysononetube.jpg
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 05:51:14 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

tileman

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 07:30:55 pm »
Follow Tile's advice and upload the pic to photobucket.

Once the pic's in photo bucket, you'll notice  under the  picture, 3 strings of text/URL gobley gook. copy the complete line that starts with :   [ I M G

Paste that string into your response here.  

done.

Thanks Drewstar, I tend to get a little carried away sometimes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 07:34:00 pm by tileman »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 05:49:50 am »
I switched to phot bucket a few weeks ago and find it to be so much better than image shack.  I like how easy it is and that it makes the links for you, so all you have to do is copy and paste.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 09:05:24 am »
OK OK I'll try photopail But if my computer shoots craps.

anne

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 10:44:26 am »
OK OK I'll try photopail But if my computer shoots craps.

hehehehe.......photobucket. And your computer shoots crap?
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 10:44:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42