What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting Spas From So. Cal. is a problem  (Read 4534 times)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Getting Spas From So. Cal. is a problem
« on: October 24, 2007, 03:15:44 pm »
Grrrrrrrr! >:( stinkin' fires are holding up 11 tubs I have sold. On a happy note the D1 factory is offering its facility as a shelter for those in need of a place to stay. I am thinking in my morbid mind, HMMMM? What a perfect time and place to offer spas for new home builders? No need to reply on how many levels of wrong I am. I KNOW :o. Any how I hope the losses both human and property are minimal. luckily my customers are all more than understanding of the situation. :)
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

Getting Spas From So. Cal. is a problem
« on: October 24, 2007, 03:15:44 pm »

Spiderman

Re: Getting Spas From So. Cal. is a problem
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:04:58 pm »
I just spoke with Hot Spring and they're ready to ship our order, but I was worried.  I was worried I'd have to call our customers and say, "Mr. Johnson, I've got good news and I've got bad news.  The bad news is Watkins Manufacturing has burned to the ground, including your new Grandee.  The good news is we have a Grandee in the store, just not the color you wanted."   ;D  Time to move to a safer location I guess  :)    
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:15:36 pm »
Sounds like Watkins is hoping to be back up and running tomorrow.  Those are pretty bad fires and a number of the employees of both D1 and Watkins have had to leave their homes.

Hopefully, nature will step in and put a stop to the fires before there is much more loss out there.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

spaman--

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 05:43:08 pm »
I just spoke with Hot Spring and they're ready to ship our order, but I was worried.  I was worried I'd have to call our customers and say, "Mr. Johnson, I've got good news and I've got bad news.  The bad news is Watkins Manufacturing has burned to the ground, including your new Grandee.  The good news is we have a Grandee in the store, just not the color you wanted."   ;D  Time to move to a safer location I guess  :)    

Wait a minute? Hot Spring has trucks? Their factory is down the street from D1. I'm callin D1 back!
-SpaMan~

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 05:45:13 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spaman--

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 05:52:57 pm »
Called D1 and they said that Hot Spring is wrapping their spas in a "Super Custom Deluxe   Dual Insulated Extra Calibrated wrapper designed in Colorado" ;D to ship them thru the fires so they wont catch fire.  ;D ;
-SpaMan~

Doobiewah

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 06:38:36 pm »
Term,

That is pretty funny... ;D

Actually, according to Harry Reid, it is the fault of Global Warming, so maybe we should call in Al Gore for his advice...(I personally believe in the concept of Global Warming...just can't see how it caused those fires.... :o)

On to serious matters, a friend of my wife, who is a part owner of a HS dealership, told her earlier today that her company rep had been evacuated and thought she lost her home...my thoughts certainly go out to those people.  Made me run around and re-video my house and contents.

The Doob

Flyonthewall

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 05:25:21 pm »
i don't think the hss factory was in any real danger of burning down, now or in the future.  it is good they closed down anyways.  the air quality around there is so bad it can't be good for the employees.  plus many are worried about their homes, and they have been asking people to stay off the roads if at all possible.  i wonder if they got to use that giant generator of theirs for good while they were closed.  the local power company was asking everybody to conserve due to fires threatening major power line arteries.  i had heard once that they had the capability of sending excess power into the grid.  

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 10:26:37 pm »
i don't think the hss factory was in any real danger of burning down, now or in the future.  it is good they closed down anyways.  the air quality around there is so bad it can't be good for the employees.  plus many are worried about their homes, and they have been asking people to stay off the roads if at all possible.  i wonder if they got to use that giant generator of theirs for good while they were closed.  the local power company was asking everybody to conserve due to fires threatening major power line arteries.  i had heard once that they had the capability of sending excess power into the grid.  

Correct.  Watkins and D1 are pretty safe where they are located.   Too many roads and other large concrete buildings.  The main reason for the closure was for their employees and to keep people off the road.

That would be cool if they were able to generate back to the grid.  Not too many hot tub manufacturers that can boast their own power generating station.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 05:52:06 pm »
We got our load from Hot Spring today.   :)

Only 2 days late. :D

A world class company.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

spaman--

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 06:16:15 pm »
We got our load from Hot Spring today.   :)

Only 2 days late. :D

A world class company.

Stop bragging! Mine will be here Tuesday ;)
-SpaMan~

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 06:19:51 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 06:19:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42