What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How not to set up a showroom  (Read 6440 times)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
How not to set up a showroom
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:45:39 pm »
Went to a new hot tub place by my house called Spa's 4 U. I wanted to put new filters in, doing a water change today and procrastinated too long to order them online. Called them, they said they had them, I took one of mine to make sure.

This place is in a relatively new strip mall type plaza. They had about a dozen different tubs on the floor, all but three had at least one panel off. Parts had been removed, circuit boards on the floor, two had REALLY nasty water in them. It was spa showroom hell. The filters were piled up, most had no wrapper and were dirty. Of course, they only had one of the ones I needed, unwrapped and dirty with $67.99 written on the top in marker.

I can't imagine how they expect to sell anything. I can't imagine the thought process of someone to go through the trouble to start a business and present themselves in that manner. If they can't keep the showroom models running, what about the one you buy? I would hope the parts pirating was done to keep field units running, but put the covers back on for petes sake.

Thats my rant for the day, back to your regular ph and foam questions.

Hot Tub Forum

How not to set up a showroom
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:45:39 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: How not to set up a showroom
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 06:52:50 pm »
Wellll....that's Jacuzzi for ya.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Doobiewah

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 06:54:13 pm »
WOW>>>

If that's what they are like new, imagine the state of the store in a few months  :'(

The Doob

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:02:22 pm »

Term

That wasnt nice!!  :'(     So what brand were they?  Its called lazy -ss salesman that wonder why they cant sell a spa!!

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 09:50:25 pm »
I think that's the same people as Spas Unlimited that used to be down the street.

Buckeye Gal

• Proud Cameo Owner
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 12:55:26 pm »
If you needed Jacuzzi filters you should have came to or called All Seasons Spas in Hilliard - if you are in Columbus> they would have been cheaper and clean  HAHA! 8-)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 02:54:40 pm »

Term

Hey Nancy, you just sit there on your fried twinkie and... never mind.  :)

No, it wasn't Jacuzzi. I left the name brand out because I don't think any brand has a chance in that environment.

Shaamus, I think you are correct. The interior of the store and condition of the spa's was exactly the same as the way they did business, which may explain the closing of one store and opening up the street under another name.

I bought the spa from All Seasons, but they are on the other side of the world. I'm in Gahanna.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:32:32 pm by LtDan »

OHIO

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 03:51:35 pm »
I visited that store a few weeks ago also and left with the same feeling.  The reason for the name and location change is a divorce!  I ended up buying a Jucuzzi  from All Seasons Spas, and I am in Blacklick.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 04:53:43 pm »

Term

The only Jacuzzi place in LT Dan's area is a top notch place on the other side of town.  I head rumors of an LA spa place opening in this neghborhood?  Dan, is this on Hamilton in the Cherrybottom area?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 04:55:08 pm »
I visited that store a few weeks ago also and left with the same feeling.  The reason for the name and location change is a divorce!  I ended up buying a Jucuzzi  from All Seasons Spas, and I am in Blacklick.

Thats the only Jacuzzi place in town I am aware of.  MJP from our forum use to work there before he moved to AZ.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 04:57:27 pm »

I bought the spa from All Seasons, but they are on the other side of the world. I'm in Gahanna.

Can't  you just turn on the lights and be there in 15 minutes?  That is what the CPD does at lunch all the time. (Or when they don't want to stop for red lights)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 04:59:26 pm »
I I am in Blacklick.

If you and LT Dan want a great deal on the 303 protectant for your cover, go to Bexley Marine.  Despite the name, they are in Blacklick.

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 08:29:07 pm »
All Seasons in Hilliard is a great dealer.  One of the best in Columbus.  But taking 270 there from Gahanna is a bit of a time investment, unless you pick the right time.  They ever going to get that road done?  

wmccall - I think he does carry LA there on Hamilton.  Been about a year since I've been in there.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 07:48:03 am »
Quite a Central Ohio contingent we have going here. Which leads me to say one thing.

[size=36]    OH                                   [/size]

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 12:25:50 pm »
[size=72]I O[/size]

They do sell LA Spas at the dealer I was referring to. The were going to carry Hot Spring but wanted to go with a premier line of spas... (that ones for you Term!).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 12:26:37 pm by LtDan »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 12:25:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42