What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter cycles/Temperature  (Read 2427 times)

tinybubbles

Filter cycles/Temperature
« on: October 24, 2007, 01:51:43 pm »
I have my dealer coming out for orientation Friday, but I'd love an answer sooner.  I know there aren't alot of Artesian owners here, but maybe someone else would know.  I went out of town and set the temp. at 80.  When I did this, the current water temp. was 102.  Came home 5 days later, tub is still 102.  I can't imagine it's that efficient.  So, could I have pushed too many buttons and set the temp. during filter cycles at 102?  Is this an option or is the temp. you set, the temp no matter what?

Hot Tub Forum

Filter cycles/Temperature
« on: October 24, 2007, 01:51:43 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Filter cycles/Temperature
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:19:15 pm »
Is it possible that your spa is just well insulated and didn't lose heat during that time?  Does your spa have a circ pump?  Circ pumps tend to help spas stay warm even when the temp setting is lower.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:26:11 pm »
What was the avg temp when you were gone?  I'm a little surprised it didn't drop even a degree, but not surprised that you didn't have a huge drop.

In summer I started with 75 degree water and had the tub set at 80.  It took less than a week for me to be at 100.  Granted it was probably 100 out everyday.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:58:01 pm »
Although the newer Artesian's have higher end electronics this is what I would think:

1) As Vanguard said - the tub is well insulated. I did an experiment last winter and my tub only lost about 16º in 4 days if I remember correctly.

2) You did set it to an economy mode. Some tubs have (had) a feature that they only heat during filter times. If you have a circ pump (and I think you said you do) the fltering time feature use to only control the ozonator run time.

3) You needed to confirm the change and you didn't so it went back to 102º

In the 2005 Island units it is just a matter of pushing the up or down temp key to change the temp, there's no special mode except for filtering/ozonator run time and it is a LED readout which I like so I don't need my glasses. ::)

tinybubbles

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 11:17:20 am »
Thanks for your replies.  We got back in town late, so I couldn't investigate much.  Yesterday, I took the cover off.  After awhile, it did drop 1 degree.  I left the tub on 80 degrees and we used it.  I watched the control panel to see if the heat was coming on.  After about an hour of use, the temp dropped to 99 and and the heater never came on.  While we were gone, the daytime temps. were in the low 70's and the night temps in the 60's.  Yesterday, it was rainy all day and the high temp. was 60.  I'm assuming, now, that it's a tribute to full foam insulation and a really good cover.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 11:17:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42