What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any ''must have'' spa accessories?  (Read 8126 times)

D.P. Roberts

Re: Any ''must have'' spa accessories?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 09:28:20 pm »
I use a "dirty duck" scum absorber. They're an easy part of your spa care routine - I leave mine in the filter compartment, and some time during my soak I squeeze it out. No fuss, no muss. I'm not even sure what "muss" is, but there certainly isn't any with this product.

I also highly recommend a James Brown "Celebriduck", so you can have your very own James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub Party:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C2RhoTvzdQ

So a Dirty Duck and a Celebrity Duck. Basically, anything ducky is, well, ducky.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 09:28:20 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 10:28:17 pm »
You wouldn't need the submersible pump if you had a Hot Spring.  ;D ;D They do an amazingly different thing.  They put their drain on the floor.  All the water drains out by itself, albeit not as quickly as a submersible.  I just usually start the draining process after getting out one night.  By morning, the water is gone and I'm ready to fill.  No extension cords, not hassle.  Oh yeah, my yard drains nicely, so the few extra hundred gallons just spreads and waters my lawn.

Amen brother. I do the same thing with my Envoy. I just drain it at night after the soak and when I wake up in the morning it's all done.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 10:59:56 pm »
the drain for my CalSpa is on the floor....where else would a drain be?  ;)

but I dont think the caladiums, potato ivy, perriwinkles, begonias,
and soon the fall pansies would approve of that chemical water flowing into their flowerbeds!  >:(

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 11:01:07 pm by Zep »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 12:53:24 am »

and soon the fall pansies would approve of that chemical water flowing into their flowerbeds!  >:(

I direct my hose into a drain in my back lawn. The line runs underneath my property and is cored to my street drainage. Pretty common in my area.  

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 06:23:57 am »
Does a scum  bug count as an accessory?  

Things i cant live without is an eazy drain.  This way i dont need a sump pump.  

Second a shelf.  I added a cedar shelf or bar bench.  In the winter i pack snow on it and stuff my beers into the snow pile.  my little guy puts his toys on it and all kinds of other uses.

Flip Flops, are needed for the cold runs to the tub for sure. How about a pair of CROCS.

Last but not least, outdoor speakers or built in speakers.  I think it is great to relax to some music, or television viewable from the tub.

Oh and one last one.  Lighting for the tub.  I never thought that it was important but when I got the lights, it changes the feel to the water in my opinion.  It looks so nice with the jets going late at night, and a nice color light illuminating from the water.  

Man this is getting long, I would also say spa fragrances, however, you need to be careful, could cause foaming if to much is used.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 04:30:39 pm »
Great Tubing Music

here is a start

not the real thing but he is very good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQn-DiVXaA

the real thing and this is the ultimate tub tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54FtPpeg_3o

Enjoy

Vanguard

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 05:07:20 pm »

Most manufacturers don't have a floor drain.  Their drain is in the footwell on a vertical surface.  Means you have to either use a sump pump or use a bucket.

Since I use the dichlor, ozone and silver method, I have water that has less chlorine than our city water.  The plants do just fine.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 09:16:40 pm »
I may be biased as a cover manufacturer, but I'm kinda surprised to not see a cover lifter mentioned.

Vanguard

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 01:29:21 am »
I may be biased as a cover manufacturer, but I'm kinda surprised to not see a cover lifter mentioned.

I think with this forum, the lifter is kind of a given.  Most dealers seem to include, at the least, a basic lifter.  Some include higher end lifters in their prices.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 02:56:03 pm »
How about some nice robes. I don't think that was mentioned. I use the hose for my pool cleaner to drain. I place the cleaner head on the bottom and submerge the rest into the tub. i then seal the end with my hand and lower it to the ground and the spa is drained in about 13 minutes.

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 08:46:15 pm »
A spray bottle for de-foamer solution.  Not sure who first mentioned this on the forum before but it works great.
"Growing older but not up..."

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 11:17:50 pm »

Most manufacturers don't have a floor drain.  Their drain is in the footwell on a vertical surface.  Means you have to either use a sump pump or use a bucket.

Just to let you and others know, even if my tub had two floor drains I'd still use a utility/sump pump. It's just to conveniant.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 11:17:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42