What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aquacheck Trutest Yes/No???????????  (Read 4206 times)

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
Aquacheck Trutest Yes/No???????????
« on: October 20, 2007, 07:55:58 pm »
I don't like the color strips (using Aquachek) and was looking at this, the Aquachek Trutest digital. Does anyone here have any advice on this?? The strips just don't show the correct colors for me and I'm looking for an easier way to check my water. I've been lurking here for awhile and took delivery of my Caldera Moorea a month ago and love it! No problems so far with my water using diclor and these strips just looking for a easier way to read the strips. Don't really want to go the drop method. Thanks!!

Hot Tub Forum

Aquacheck Trutest Yes/No???????????
« on: October 20, 2007, 07:55:58 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Aquacheck Trutest Yes/No???????????
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 09:47:38 am »
I don't like the color strips (using Aquachek) and was looking at this, the Aquachek Trutest digital. Does anyone here have any advice on this?? The strips just don't show the correct colors for me and I'm looking for an easier way to check my water. I've been lurking here for awhile and took delivery of my Caldera Moorea a month ago and love it! No problems so far with my water using diclor and these strips just looking for a easier way to read the strips. Don't really want to go the drop method. Thanks!!

I've never tried it...I like the drop test kit myself...but there are many here who use it with good results.  If you do a search you'll find some opinions from those who tried it when it first came out.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:58:53 am »
I have one of those, and I'm not all that impressed with it.  I get sporadic results when compared to my liquid tests.  I might have gotten a bad batch of strips with the initial unit, which I have not used up yet, so that MAY explain the readings.
 It also seems to eat batteries more than I expected.

For the price not sure they're wort it.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 07:59:10 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Flyonthewall

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 07:49:44 pm »
they seem to work ok.  the replacement strips cost as much or more than the regular chlorine test stips.  also kind of a slow process.  great for the color blind or for those that can't seem to trust their interpetation of the color.  at home i just look for the extremes when testing ph and alk.  pale (yellow-orange and yellow-green) and your low.  dark (red and hunter green) and your high.  i normally just put in a cap of up every 2 weeks and always seem to be in the ok range.  i think they will improve on the machine in the years to come.  i can't see aquachek ever wanting to take the strip out of the equation.  to much potential income lost that way.

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:07:02 pm »
We just started selling these so I don't have a whole lot of experience with them, but from I've heard from customers is that they are fairly accurate compared to normal test strips.  However, if you're really into testing your water, stick with the liquid test kits.  They're more convenience and gadget than precise measurement tool.  It only reads free chlorine (bromine by conversion), pH, and alkalinity.

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 10:10:12 pm »
Got one and some strips off Ebay cheap. I'll try it and post some results. Did a search here (had to put in for all posts) ans it seems most like it here. Will see. Still very happy with our Caldera Moorea!

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 07:32:15 am »
Be cautious of the strips you got off ebay.  When I first got my Aquachek Tru Tester, my readings were way off.  I called the company, and they sent me some new strips.  It appears some of the initial strips that were sold weren't reading correctly.  I've not had a problem since I got new strips.  Now my readings match my dealer readings.   I've had my since mid-August and haven't had to replace batteries once.   Overall, I'm very happy with my tester.  Sure beats trying to decipher the colors of the strips!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 07:32:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42