What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I am finished looking at hot tubs  (Read 53377 times)

solo

Re: I am finished looking at hot tubs
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2007, 10:54:57 am »
Brookenstein...My comments were not directed towards you nor your sons.  Not to mention, this IS the internet afterall.  If I got bent out of shape over every rude or inconsiderate comment made, I would be clinically depressed.

Take your own advice and get over yourself already.  I don't know you.  You don't know me.  Why would you let comments of a complete satranger that were not directed towards you piss you off?  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2007, 10:54:57 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2007, 11:01:28 am »
Brookenstein...My comments were not directed towards you nor your sons.  Not to mention, this IS the internet afterall.  If I got bent out of shape over every rude or inconsiderate comment made, I would be clinically depressed.

Take your own advice and get over yourself already.  I don't know you.  You don't know me.  Why would you let comments of a complete satranger that were not directed towards you piss you off?  

Your social skills are not your strength Solo. A simple "my bad" would have been the proper route to take here rather than to explain why you weren't wrong. The fact you can't simply say "sorry bout that" to me is more of a head scratcher than the use of the term that offended Brooke in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 11:10:47 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2007, 11:37:52 am »
Totally agree with Tech.

You keep mentioning how "you don't know me and I don't know" BS, but don't you think we gain a clear understanding of an individuals morals and values based on their posts and how they conduct themselves? Respect is earned and you have gained none here.

You may not like me and think I'm an ass and I'm totally OK with that. The difference here is that I have been here for years and have contributed much. I have also gained friendships and met a few of the memebers here.

This may just be "the interent" to you but to most of us here, we have friends that we respect. You dissrespected someone here that we value and I would just think an apology is in order since Brookenstein was offended by your comments.

I won't be shocked however should you choose not to...

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2007, 11:49:08 am »
This may just be "the interent" to you but to most of us here, we have friends that we respect. You dissrespected someone here that we value and I would just think an apology is in order since Brookenstein was offended by your comments.

This is a good point. We may not have face-to-face contact, but these forums really are a social group, just like any other social group. For example, look what happened to "Clown Shoes". He or she made a few posts intending to drive people away from Hot Springs in general, and East Texas in particular. Instead, the opposite happened - so many people stood up for Term because they KNOW him, and didn't believe Clown Shoes. If anything, Clown Shoes drove people TO East Texas, because people chose to believe someone they trusted instead of a "stranger". And it all happened on the internet.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

solo

« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2007, 11:51:08 am »
LOL.

You guys are too funny.

1.  If any apologies were owed, the line of apologies coming to me would be VERY long.  But I don't expect them.  I don't know you all.   If a friend or a family member were to say the types of things you all say here, that would upset me.  But I don't get upset over Internet posts.  I just don't know you and you aren't important to me enough that I would take to heart your words.  This forum is for information and entertainment.

2.  I haven't laughed harder when the boards biggest A-hole posts a request for an apology. How ironic.   Pot...kettle...black

Ciao,

solo
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:33:00 pm by solo »

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2007, 12:19:29 pm »
Gotta side with Solo Here. I'm sure you're all nice people and all and I don't advocate being disrespectful to anyone, but get real. Nothing that's said here should have any effect on anyones personal life. If so, pity.
As for DP's remark "It all happened here on the internet", well, nothing "happened" here. Just words on a page. Informational or entertainment value is all it is.....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:23:04 pm by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

Brookenstein

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2007, 01:32:42 pm »
My point is that was that constant comments about short bus riders were immature that was it.  I took no personal offense to it.  I just think it is kind of funny that grown men think that is a worthy insult.  Oooh when you were a small child you rode a short bus, yeah you know what you also sh!t your pants too.  Not really a big deal.

Brookenstein

« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2007, 01:39:00 pm »
Steve & Tech,

Thanks for the support.   :)

solo

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2007, 06:09:38 pm »
My point is that was that constant comments about short bus riders were immature that was it.  I took no personal offense to it.  I just think it is kind of funny that grown men think that is a worthy insult.  Oooh when you were a small child you rode a short bus, yeah you know what you also sh!t your pants too.  Not really a big deal.

So just to be clear, when you wrote:

"2 smart, 2 great,  short bus kids, and one pretty po'd mom at one idiotic internet poster named solo "

You really weren't personally offended?  You were just pissed off at me?  I guess I don't see the diff.

Another question:  why don't you comment on any of the other childish antics that take place on this board?  To me, it looked like you were just jumping on the "let's abuse solo bandwagon".  Which is fine by me.  But let's call it what it is.

JerryofWNY

« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2007, 06:24:39 pm »
Quote from "Forum Guidelines":

WhatsTheBest is a community of people helping people make good
decisions. Please treat people how you would like to be treated. Foul
language, personal attacks or behavior that is disruptive to the helpful atmosphere of the sites will result in that member being banned from the sites.

Not saying anyone who posted on this thread should be banned, but the thread surely contains personal attacks and is disruptive to the helpful atmosphere of the site.

Mods, please step in and lock this or delete it. Or operhaps just eliminate the Forum Guidelines!

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2007, 06:37:18 pm »
Relax Jerry...sheeeesh....13 posts and the guy's looking to lock threads.
We're not solving world hunger here, it's ok to disagree, even if it is about something as important as hot tubs.
Bullfrog 562

Pathfinder

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2007, 06:52:59 pm »
Jerry, you gotta be here a little longer to read us all the riot act

Solo, why do you need such a big tub?? If its only you, you should just buy your name handle and go with the Sundance Solo. If you were actually entertaining people Im sure your buddies would kick in the extra 5 for the tub.

Cyn

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2007, 07:17:11 pm »
I agree with looking at something smaller, Solo, that will be lower in price.  And as everyone else has suggested in one form or another, you might think about not trying to out deal the dealers.  Offer a FAIR price for the model and if they don't take your offer realize that it is what it is and you need to go up in price or walk on.  You really have no idea what the dealers pay for their tubs and what their overhead is with rent being based on location, etc., so you are only guessing at what YOU think is fair for a profit.  You also need to take your own advice and stop wanting to defend yourself or tell others not to take things personally and you might stop reporting every move that you make now that you realize so many on the forum don't want to hear it, LOL.  Let us know if there is a question or when you are done with your purchase.  Then tell us your story and send pics!!

solo

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2007, 07:30:58 pm »
Jerry, you gotta be here a little longer to read us all the riot act

Solo, why do you need such a big tub?? If its only you, you should just buy your name handle and go with the Sundance Solo. If you were actually entertaining people Im sure your buddies would kick in the extra 5 for the tub.

I REALLY wanted to buy a Sundance.  My rep was really nice and good at follow up.  I just don't like their spas enough to buy one.  They are nice, but I just didn't love it.  

Why do I want such a large spa?  Because I am trying to buy one that will fit my needs for the next 10 years.  I have a family of 5 and I know my kids will want to be in their with me.  My wife doesn't care for spas, but I bet it might grow on her.  So sure, a small little tub will certainly give me the therapy I need, but it won't meet the needs of the family now or down the road.

By the way, I'm only $500 off with my Hotsprings rep.  He may want to really move a spa for some reason.  He may have a floor model.  He may want to get his end of year numbers up to compete for highest volume dealer award or something like that.  Who knows?  There could be plenty of reasons for him to come down to my price.  If he doesn't, it just wasn't meant to be.  Same with the Caldera rep though he and I were further off on price.  And I haven't decided what I want to offer my Jacuzzi rep yet.  But she has a spa that I like and I will probably make her an offer soon.

Again, I'm just not in a hurry.  You all will be the first to know when I buy one.  In the meantime, it looks like plenty of people are having fun abusing me.  And I don't mind being abused either...So relax and enjoy yourself!

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2007, 07:48:15 pm »
Brookenstein...My comments were not directed towards you nor your sons.  Not to mention, this IS the internet afterall.  

So being the "internet", it's ok to be rude?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2007, 07:48:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42