What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I am finished looking at hot tubs  (Read 53370 times)

solo

Re: I am finished looking at hot tubs
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2007, 08:23:25 pm »

So being the "internet", it's ok to be rude?

Who was being rude?  I was mixing it up with Steve and then this person chimed in and got upset about a comment that wasn't directed towars her or meant to be offensive to her.  I think she just needs to lighten uo and relax.

However, my point was that the Internet is a bunch of anonymous strangers.  We aren't friends or even acquantiances, why get so bent out of shape over it?  If you are letting posts on an anonymous Internet forum impact your personal life, you have issues.  Thee is just no reason to take these forums so seriously.  Again, relax and have fun.

I am usually respectful of others even on-line.  I am also usually not the instigato if particpating in a message board insult fest (and I said usally not always).  But ultimately, we're all here having fun anyway.  So why get all bent out of shape?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2007, 08:23:25 pm »

solo

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2007, 08:34:08 pm »
I agree with looking at something smaller, Solo, that will be lower in price.  And as everyone else has suggested in one form or another, you might think about not trying to out deal the dealers.  Offer a FAIR price for the model and if they don't take your offer realize that it is what it is and you need to go up in price or walk on.  You really have no idea what the dealers pay for their tubs and what their overhead is with rent being based on location, etc., so you are only guessing at what YOU think is fair for a profit.  You also need to take your own advice and stop wanting to defend yourself or tell others not to take things personally and you might stop reporting every move that you make now that you realize so many on the forum don't want to hear it, LOL.  Let us know if there is a question or when you are done with your purchase.  Then tell us your story and send pics!!

To an extent, I have taken your advice.  I have offered what I consider to be fair prices to the dealers.   They have opted not to take my offer and I have walked and moved on.  What's wrong with that?

If the dealer doesn't think my offer is fair, I would gladly sit down with them and REALISTICALLY discuss what a fair offer is.  If they want to show me their expenses and invoice for the spa from the manufacturer, I will gladly add $1500 to their cost.  But I bet you won't see any dealers lining up to take that deal will you?  

Do you think $1500 net profit is fair on a tub?  What about $2000?  I want my dealer to make money.  I just want a good deal too.  I believe that there is room for both of those things to overlap if I am patient.    

PS...If people don't want to read about my every move, why click on my posts?  I enjoy posting in this forum and it looks like a number of others enjoy reading and responding.  If you don't want to know, don't read.  

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:36:52 pm by solo »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2007, 09:49:51 pm »

To an extent, I have taken your advice.  I have offered what I consider to be fair prices to the dealers.   They have opted not to take my offer and I have walked and moved on.  What's wrong with that?

If the dealer doesn't think my offer is fair, I would gladly sit down with them and REALISTICALLY discuss what a fair offer is.  If they want to show me their expenses and invoice for the spa from the manufacturer, I will gladly add $1500 to their cost.  But I bet you won't see any dealers lining up to take that deal will you?  

Why not be straight. Your offers are based on your budget AND a desire to get a spa below what the dealer would normally agree to, NOT on any perception of what is a fair offer. You've said so yourself. To then say you'd sit down with them if they showed you their invoice is a joke.

Do the dealers even counter your lowball offers or do they just say no or don't bother to get back to you? I think that answer says a lot about your "fair" offers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 09:52:06 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

solo

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2007, 10:14:32 pm »
One countered and one didn't get back to me.  So what does that say?

Regardless...it doesn't really matter.  My dealers know my price point and when they want to sell me a hot tub, they know what they need to do.  I'm willing to wait and confident that a deal will get done.  Why not just just drop it and see what pans out?  

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2007, 10:43:09 pm »

Who was being rude?  I was mixing it up with Steve and then this person chimed in and got upset about a comment that wasn't directed towars her or meant to be offensive to her.  I think she just needs to lighten uo and relax.

However, my point was that the Internet is a bunch of anonymous strangers.  We aren't friends or even acquantiances, why get so bent out of shape over it?  If you are letting posts on an anonymous Internet forum impact your personal life, you have issues.  Thee is just no reason to take these forums so seriously.  Again, relax and have fun.

I am usually respectful of others even on-line.  I am also usually not the instigato if particpating in a message board insult fest (and I said usally not always).  But ultimately, we're all here having fun anyway.  So why get all bent out of shape?[/quote]

solo,
I have stayed out of this fray but I finally have something to say. The read I get  from reading your posts is your a typical coward who shoots off his mouth on the internet but in face to face contact you back down like a wet noodle. I take offence to your comment about the short bus. It must make you feel good to make fun of the mentally challenged. Try working with them and find they are more sincere and open than you appear to be. You being so paranoid of paying to much reminds me of the saying, Only the crooks are worried about being cheated. I hope you go away and stay away. The majority of people on here do not enjoy your insults or rudeness.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2007, 10:52:40 pm »

Regardless...it doesn't really matter.  My dealers know my price point and when they want to sell me a hot tub, they know what they need to do.  I'm willing to wait and confident that a deal will get done.  Why not just just drop it and see what pans out?  

It tells you that your offers are most likely SO far out of line that it's not worth their time.  If your waiting on them, it's more likely that the rather more-than-warm place will freeze over first.  If you really want a tub, get out there and negotiate face-to-face to see what the 'real' boundaries are...and take your checkbook.  You never know, you just might need it!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hotsprung

Solo I found you a tub.
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2007, 11:54:47 pm »
Online price
      $3,699.99
Less coupon
         -$700.00
YOUR COST
      $2,999.99

You will save $4500 over the new Hotspring Vanguard I've been soaking in every day and night since it arrived 10 days ago.  

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2007, 12:14:49 am »

Solo, finding the right spa for you is most difficult part of the process. Paying for it should be the easiest. You're crying about $500 to close the deal of a life time? How much do you make per hour? I can't imagine it being more than a few hours of Head Hunting. How much time have you spent jacking around everyone here? What's your time worth to you? Isn't this spa going to be used for therapy? How much is your body worth to you?

Trying to grind someone out of $500 because you believe you're entitled to a better deal than the rest of us is a joke. Your wife must be in heaven......
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 12:21:13 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2007, 01:37:15 am »

It doesn't tell us anything we don't already know. We know you're making lowball offers hoping someone is desparate and will bite. That is your right to do; we just object when you try to say you're making fair offers. Your offers are not based on what the spas are worth. They are based on two things:

1) How much cash want to part with,

2) Your desire to get a price that is beyond fair; one to write home to mom about (or to yell upstairs to her about).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:38:01 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vanguard

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2007, 01:55:12 am »

It doesn't tell us anything we don't already know. We know you're making lowball offers hoping someone is desparate and will bite. That is your right to do; we just object when you try to say you're making fair offers. Your offers are not based on what the spas are worth. They are based on two things:

1) How much cash want to part with,

2) Your desire to get a price that is beyond fair; one to write home to mom about (or to yell upstairs to her about).

Oh no.  Someone defending a dealer again.  We musn't tell solo he isn't being fair and is getting a good deal.  As we all know, we are only a bunch of dealers trying to cheat someone out of their money.  
 ;)

This is like a bad accident on the freeway.  We know what we're likely to see, but we still have to look anyway.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:57:03 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

solo

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2007, 05:36:23 am »
Everyone keeps doing the same thing over and over:

1.  Telling me to go ahead and fork over the extra money.  But if it were your comissions that you were conceding, I doubt you would be so fast to just give away the $500.
2.  Asking how much money I make (as if it is at all relevent)
3.  Telling me to look at smaller tubs

But the thing is, the deal that I have today will be here tomorrow.  So why rush?  Any day of the year I can always go out and take one of these guys up on their best offer.  There is no deal out there right now that is good for today and not tomorrow.  I hve onwe deal that I am within $500 on and a second that I haven't offered yet, but can tell that we will be close.    

The only people in a hurry for me to get a tub are you guys.  Why does it matter so much to you?

A.  If you are simply tired of reading my posts, stop looking at them.  Again, nobody is forcing you to click on them.

B.  If you are truly anxious for me to be in hot water as you are looking out for my health, thank you.  I am managing right now with other therapies.  But your concern is appreciated.

So the "buy, buy, buy" advice has already been given 9 ways to Sunday.  Does it really matter to you if I buy today or 2 months from today?  I'm fine with hanging out for a few months looking ofr my deal.  If it ends up being a waste of time, so be it.  No skin off your back or my back.  Meanwhile, my hard earned mloney sits in my account earning interest rather than the dealers.  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2007, 06:47:19 am »
I think you should continue to just go to your health club, and forget a hot tub all together.  It's great that you are managing, so why stress over this?  Just forget the hot tub. Like my electric company told me...it's just a big hot water heater sitting on my deck...you might get even more stressed at the cost to run it and the cost to maintain it.  Let's face it, hot tubs aren't for everyone!  And if you haggle and squeeze out this deal you are hoping for, you may not get very good dealer support...that would be another stressful situation. I say just forget it solo!  :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

solo

« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2007, 07:33:04 am »
I think you should continue to just go to your health club, and forget a hot tub all together.  It's great that you are managing, so why stress over this?  Just forget the hot tub. Like my electric company told me...it's just a big hot water heater sitting on my deck...you might get even more stressed at the cost to run it and the cost to maintain it.  Let's face it, hot tubs aren't for everyone!  And if you haggle and squeeze out this deal you are hoping for, you may not get very good dealer support...that would be another stressful situation. I say just forget it solo!  :-/

Who's stressing?  Not me.

By the way, no offense, but the suggestion of a hot tub came from my doc.  I'd rather take my cues from her.  But maybe now would be an appropriate time for someone to suggest the Costco tub again?  It's been a while since anyone mentioned that.

txwillie

« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2007, 08:59:08 am »

I REALLY wanted to buy a Sundance.   I just don't like their spas enough to buy one.  

What kinda idiotic statement is that?

Please, WTBHT community, let this and all other SOLO posts wither. I used to be entertained by this guy's annoying lunacy, but it is way past old. Don't reply, no matter what garbage he posts and he will most likely go away. Let him get on with torturing small animals, or whatever he does for kicks.

txwillie

solo

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2007, 09:45:36 am »

What kinda idiotic statement is that?

Please, WTBHT community, let this and all other SOLO posts wither. I used to be entertained by this guy's annoying lunacy, but it is way past old. Don't reply, no matter what garbage he posts and he will most likely go away. Let him get on with torturing small animals, or whatever he does for kicks.

txwillie

There is nothing idiotic about that statement.  Why not seek understanding before criticizing?  

Here's why I wanted to buy a Sundance Spe:

1.  I am convinced that Sundance make a good spa.  
2.  I also liked my sales rep.
3.  It was in my price range.  

Before the wet test I wanted to buy a Sundance.  

But after my wet test, I just wasn't in love with the spa.  The jets just didn't hit me the way I wanted where i wanted.  So I didn't buy it.  

PS...Why tell other posters in the forum what posts to respond to?  Do you think that you are msarter than them or that they should listen to you for some reason?  Just curious.  Maybe I'm just more into independent thought than you are.  But I feel that most people in this group are probably smart enough to decide on their own which posts they want to read and reply to.  

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 09:48:04 am by solo »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2007, 09:45:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42