What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I almost bought the wrong tub!  (Read 7821 times)

mark 2550

Re: I almost bought the wrong tub!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 01:04:38 am »
Why even make this post, you know in your heart you made the right choice for your for your needs. be sure to post pict's and let us all know how the outcome of your enjoyment served you. you did the the wet testing and knew what was best for your needs, now enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 01:04:38 am »

solo

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 09:54:24 am »
Why even make this post, you know in your heart you made the right choice for your for your needs. be sure to post pict's and let us all know how the outcome of your enjoyment served you. you did the the wet testing and knew what was best for your needs, now enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my post can serve as an example to other spa shoppers to thoroughly research all options before making any offers.  I got lucky that my first offer was rejected, but I could have just as easily ended up with the wrong tub.  I was so impressed with my HS dealer sales pitch that I didn't  consider all the options out there at first.  I feel fortunate and wanted to share that with the board.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:54:52 am by solo »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 10:31:42 am »
Term...Texas is a great state, best in the Union in my opinion.

Agreed.  That simply goes without saying.

But you sure have some gullable (or just insanely rich) customers if they are paying full price.

We are a "for profit" company and have been for 22 years.  We have profit margins we must meet in order to remain a "for profit" company and provide our extensive customer base with the quality of service they expect and are accustomed to.  We offer every customer the same prices...they have a choice of accepting or rejecting.  "Gullibility" implies that these customers are somehow being coerced, conned, or misled by our company and I resent the insinuation.

Heck, my dealer gave me $1000 off and probably still made quite a bit on the deal.

Possibly, if they have increased their profit margin enough to allow hagglers to leave their showroom feeling like they got a good deal and are still being able to provide customer care and service along the same lines as my customers enjoy.  Or....it could be a sign of desperation and does not bode well for the long-term success of your dealer.

You must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't laugh, I'm more of a chuckler with rare bursts of guffaws, chortles, and yuk-yuks sprinkled about.  But I am headed to the bank, and then to pick up some kolaches, and some more Shiner Bock to keep me and my dear customers chuckling throughout the day.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 11:48:58 am »

Sorry if you misunderstood ndabunka. I have an Envoy. It was a joke.

Did you see the smiley face?

Oops, looks like I missed the emoticons...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 11:54:48 am »
I agree that a "fixed price" model similar to Saturn and other companies can be a good deal for all those concerned (if done right).  In Term case, his sales have PROVEN that his company "does it right".  They don't start with exorbitant pricing but also don't offer the "steal of a lifetime".  Think about it EVERY customer he serves gets the EXACT same price... so essentially, they know that they got the best deal possible for that brand in that area.  Case closed.  As a point of reference, term's tubs are probably ALREADY competitively priced.  It does mean that guys like solo have no room to barter but hey, it's already discounted.  It's not like he's ripping anyone off.  To give a better example... Had Term been selling the J-365 you bought his price probably would have STARTED at $7,100 and NEVER moved.  Others might try and start @ $8,000 and then be talked down.  No point under the fixed price model.  Seems to work for him
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 12:37:55 pm »
Gomboman, to answer your questions about Gun Kid  ;D, he owns a down-hole oilfield supply company and is a firearms dealer on the side.

For those of you that don't know, the Great East Texas Oilfield was the largest known reserve in the world during the 1930's.  We're right smack dab in the middle of it.  At one time, there were more millionaires per capita in Longview than any other city in the world.  Hard times hit in the '80's but the last 2 or 3 years have seen a resurgence for the industry.  I have one customer pulling in a million dollars/month!

The oil industry is the whole reason I'm even here.  My grandfather was a roughneck.

The reason I didn't sell him an Envoy was that he did not want a spa with a lounge.  I always ask customers what they want or don't want and that helps us not to waste each other's time.  He was in and out of here in 30 minutes, 10 minutes of which were spent looking at my hydrotherapy technician pictures.

ndabunka, you pretty much nailed our philosophy.  I'm not saying we don't have occasional sales during which we will offer some discounts and accessories in the hopes of selling more volume, and I will sometimes discount a spa $100 for a floor model, and we will even give some type of discount to contractors, military vets, conservatives, friends and family, and exotic dancers.  But, everyone else gets the same price.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

RK23

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 05:55:46 pm »

I think my post can serve as an example to other spa shoppers to thoroughly research all options before making any offers.  I got lucky that my first offer was rejected, but I could have just as easily ended up with the wrong tub.  I was so impressed with my HS dealer sales pitch that I didn't  consider all the options out there at first.  I feel fortunate and wanted to share that with the board.

Probably the more important lesson is that you can never really wet test too much.  At several points in your process Solo, you mentioned that there were several tubs that would work fine for you.  Clearly you've realized that there was one better than the others...

solo

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 06:34:34 pm »

Probably the more important lesson is that you can never really wet test too much.  At several points in your process Solo, you mentioned that there were several tubs that would work fine for you.  Clearly you've realized that there was one better than the others...

Very true.

In fact, I wet tested all the tubs I was serious about TWICE.  And I noticed different things about each tub in the 2nd wet test.  Like everyone says:  WET TEST, WET TEST, WET TEST.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 06:34:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42