What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Canadian Winters  (Read 17946 times)

Pavlouis

Canadian Winters
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:48:41 pm »
Hey guys, I live in Ottawa, Canada which gets some pretty cold winter days (avg is -120C) and yes I plan on using my hot tub in -300C :)  What would you guys recommend for a pretty efficient/durable winter hot tub?  Are there specific winter models/manufactures that I should be looking into?  I assume there is no one winter tub to rule them all.

Many thanks and greatly appreciated
Paul

Hot Tub Forum

Canadian Winters
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:48:41 pm »

96SC

Re: Canadian Winters
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:40:49 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Any quality brand spa will hold up to your winters.  There are several others from Canada in here and they have different spas.  Give them a few hours or until tomorrow afternoon and you'll get several suggestions from them and those from the states who live in cold weather areas.

As far as specific winter models, nope.  One size fits all climates. :)
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:48:57 am »
All tubs ought to be good in Canada. However, the colder it gets, the more you'll see the flaws in any design - you'll see them in your electric bill.

This is also where the "thermopane vs. full foam" debate rears its ugly head. Suffice it to say that any WELL INSULATED tub will work for you. Arctic, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, and Sundance are often considered among the best.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 02:04:11 am »
In Your area you will find good tubs from  Arctic, Beachcomber and Pacific all 3 are Canadian made & will survive an Ottawa winter no prob. I will say better built than 90% the tubs built south and way south of the border. The biggest diff you will notice it that all 3 aforementioned tubs contain dual speed pumps whether its a 1,2 or 3 pump system  they will all be dual speed.  You will struggle to find that on most other tubs they will be 1 pump dual speed and the rest single speed.  All I can say is your deciding factor will be your dealer encounter and the wet test.

You have 2 Arctic dealers in your immediate area 1 in Ottawa and one in Manotick

You have The Fireplace Center for Beachcomber in Ottawa  &

You Have Sani Sol Inc for Pacific Spas in Stittsville
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:04:55 am by Pathfinder »

104 degrees

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 06:45:56 am »
 yes I plan on using my hot tub in -300C :)  
Many thanks and greatly appreciated
Paul[/quote]

You are going to love your hot tub at minus anything ;) :)

John

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 03:42:37 pm »
Paul,

We are in Southwestern Ontario ( Windsor area) and we own a Bullfrog.  Last winter our hydro bills were about $22 dollars higher then the same time the year before.  I don't believe that this is because its a Bullfrog, I think any well made, well insulated tub will perform the same for you.

Good luck in your search
Bullfrog 451

Tom

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 04:46:48 pm »
I assume there is no one winter tub to rule them all.

Clearly, although we have made great strides in the past dozen years, our plan for world domination of the winter tub market has not yet succeeded.  

Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?    

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 05:11:57 pm by Graybeard »

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 05:25:03 pm »

Clearly, although we have made great strides in the past dozen years, our plan for world domination of the winter tub market has not yet succeeded.  

;D ;D ;D

But gee, Brain, if we win the million dollar purse in the Kentucky Derby, we'll need matching million dollar pumps and earrings to go with them."

- Pinky
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 05:26:42 pm »
I assume there is no one winter tub to rule them all.

One tub to rule them all,
One tub to find them,
One tub to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them!

Thanks to Term, we already know who's playing Gollum.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 05:36:07 pm by KevinofOH »

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 05:45:20 pm »

;D ;D ;D

NARF!!!!!!

Too funny Tom ;D ;D  I love that cartoon
Bullfrog 451

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 10:50:03 am »
Everybody knows it's Beachcomber............start the debate .........now
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Pavlouis

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 02:33:05 pm »
Hey guys, thanks for the great info.  The Beachcombers look like a great tub but unfortunately the reseller here doesn’t look like they want any customers as they left me standing around for around 30 minutes before I gave up and left with only a brochure; I can only imagen (sp?) what their service would be like with a sales team like that.  I’ll be out this weekend to check out the Pacific spas.  I was keenly interested in the Artic until I found out the entry level Tundra was 15K and I was budgeting for around 10-12K.  Is it possible to get a decent spa in that price range?  Any opinions on the Costco Pilates H2O XP1 Spa or Coast Spas (sold by a local reseller here but the reviews look bad).

Many thanks again
Paul

rubadubeh

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 02:58:04 pm »
As a fellow Canadian living in Toronto I was faced with the same decisions a few years back.
 After much reasearch I narrowed my choice down to 4 brands (3 of which pathfinder had already mentioned)
Beachomber
Artic
Pacific
Hydropool

My final choice was made simply because it was deeper than all others and I have a rather long torso....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 02:58:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42