What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Diverter Valve Leak  (Read 5393 times)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Diverter Valve Leak
« on: October 16, 2007, 04:16:44 pm »
Noticed yesterday that our diverter valve for pump #1 on our 4 month old Sundance Cameo has a slight leak.  The diverter for pump #2 does not leak.  Is this normal or something that we should contact our dealer about?

Hot Tub Forum

Diverter Valve Leak
« on: October 16, 2007, 04:16:44 pm »

powernoodle

Re: Diverter Valve Leak
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 04:29:46 pm »
Dax,
I dont sell Sundance but most spas have a o-ring inside the dirverter valve.  If possible untighten the diverter and check the o-ring.  Maybe the cap is just loose.  Just a few suggestions.
Vita Spa

Seahawk

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 04:54:17 pm »
It's under warranty, call you dealer to do their part!!!  You paid for the warranty, might as well use it.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:11:56 pm »
It's not a big deal, but like Seahawk says, have your dealer fix it.  I assume you are still under warranty.  

They can probably fix the leak in no time.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

txwillie

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:42:57 pm »
Funny coincidence... My Maxxus had a small trickle at diverter #1. I stopped by the dealer this morning to pick up a new filter and asked him about it. It is covered by warranty, but he showed me what and how to check it. The cap/lever just pops off, then the top of the valve screws out. He told me to first make sure it was tight. It was not, I tightened it hand tight. That fixed it. If it is tight, screw it out and there are two or 3 o-ring/gaskets. Make sure they are not damaged and are seated right. Otherwise call your dealer.

Hope it helps

txwillie

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 09:46:14 am »
Thanks, txwillie.  I'll give that a try.

The leak is just a small trickle, but I don't see it at diverter #2.  Don't know how long it's been like that either because I usually soak at night.  But the other day, I took a morning soak and noticed it.  Only leaks when the diverter is turned left or right.  When it's neutral, there's no leak.

txwillie

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 10:49:01 am »
I bet yours is just loose like mine was. I noticed the trickle months ago, just never called the dealer about it. Mine was 60 second fix. Hope yours is as easy.

txwillie

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 10:11:08 am »
Just make sure if you remove your diverter valve that the pump isn't running.
 Talk about "Old Faithful"!

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 10:11:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42