What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub for short chunky women??  (Read 15983 times)

D.P. Roberts

Re: Hot tub for short chunky women??
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 03:39:25 pm »
Others here have said that the jetpack idea is oversold by Bullfrog dealers and that's probably true but you have to admit it is unique.  Personally we purchased our Bullfrog because we thought it was a well built tub that offered some unique features no one else did.  

I think you're absolutely right about this. Almost every brand has done something to set themselves apart from the competition. For example, Hot Spring has no-bypass filtration. Artesian has its Direct Control pumps. Sundance has its Fluidix jets. Does everyone need these things? No, but different people may desire them, and salespeople are right to use them to differentiate themselves from the competition. It's when salespeople use these items to bash the competition - or competitors make false claims against them - that things get ugly.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 03:39:25 pm »

tinybubbles

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 04:48:27 pm »
I don't think it's necessary to call someone ignorant.  If you disregard any opinion that differs from your own, why take part in a forum like this one?

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 07:22:39 pm »
If you're refering to me I never used the word ignorant. And feel free to purchase whichever leaky tub you'd like.
Bullfrog 562

kelliat

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 01:39:23 am »
Gosh folks,

Thanks for all the input.  I can't wait to get a day off during my hubbys deer season and go shopping.  

I am really leaning towards the bullfrogs.  One of my big decisions is how big?  I really don't care to have big hot tub parties.  Just some nice relaxing after a long night shift.  Do I go for one to seat 5 just in case or is it a waste of space?  
Kelli

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 06:53:07 am »
Kelli,

One thing you learn quickly about hot tubs is that there is no "too big".  The ads are not reality. 3 person tubs seat 2 comfortably. 6 person tubs? 4 adults. There just isn't enough foot and leg space for everyone to have their own space to move around. That's been my experience anyway, your mileage may vary.
Bullfrog 562

tinybubbles

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 10:01:58 am »
I would have expected nothing less from you.  Ignore the point of my statement and equivocate over the use of ignorant versus stupidity.  Thank you so much for your permission to buy whatever tub I would like.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I needed your permission, so I already own a tub.  I notice you ignored my question about your disregard for anyone's opinion that differs from your own.  Again, this doesn't suprise me.  I'm sorry that you were threatened by contribution to this post.  

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 10:29:58 am »
Your statement had no point other than to obfuscate your previous remark and subsequent eye rolling at anyone who would care if their tub leaked.
And I ignored your question as I failed to see any contribution.
Bullfrog 562

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 12:50:34 pm »
Gosh folks,

Thanks for all the input.  I can't wait to get a day off during my hubbys deer season and go shopping.  

I am really leaning towards the bullfrogs.  One of my big decisions is how big?  I really don't care to have big hot tub parties.  Just some nice relaxing after a long night shift.  Do I go for one to seat 5 just in case or is it a waste of space?  

If I were you I'd go with your instinct, and get a smaller one.
1) Smaller tubs are cheaper.
2) By getting a smaller tub, you can put the $ you saved into getting a better tub (higher end, more jets, etc.)
3) A smaller tub will cost less to run - less electricity, fewer chemicals, etc.

We had a 6-person tub, but we rarely had more than 2 of us in it. We assumed, when we bought it, that we'd have hot tub parties and such. We discovered that although lots of people want to use a hot tub, most of them don't want to use one in groups at a friend's house. At best, they'll hang out in small groups, when a 2-3 person tub will be fine.
I know other people have had different experiences, & have large groups all the time. But if you're already thinking that you won't have large groups, you're probably right, so don't waste the money on a larger tub.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:51:09 pm by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 12:57:28 pm »
If you're refering to me I never used the word ignorant. And feel free to purchase whichever leaky tub you'd like.

Which tubs exactly are the leaky ones you are referring to?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

In Canada eh

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 03:34:05 pm »
Gosh folks,

Kelli,

We have a Bullfrog 451 and as much as we love it, we do wish we had of bought a slightly larger tub.  The 552 is the tub we wish we had of purchased, two loungers, 5 jetpacks, 2 pumps.  Our dealer had one on display and we loved it, however we opted for its little brother the 451.  Repeat Offenders comments on size are right, tub manufacturers always estimate up when it comes to seating capacity.  Our tub is called a 5 person but on the few times when we have had 4 adults in there it was crowded.  So unless you and all of your friend are 5'2" and weigh 100lbs you should go one step larger then you think

Go buy that Bullfrog your going to love it!
Bullfrog 451

bartyboy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 11:38:18 am »
Ok,    In response to your question about JetPaks....You definitely need to feel the jets even by hand you'll get an idea.  A good selection would be Oscillator...NeckMasseuse and Clusterburst.  Remember that this is a Bullfrog and you can always get another JetPak down the road.  Hope this helps you. Add the Cascadia in the 451 model.

One mans opinion. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 11:39:25 am by bartyboy »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 06:13:22 pm »
Oscillator is a great pak.  Not always best in 451. I would recommend the Alee 'V' 8 or Gyro'ssage as an alternative.

Great point earlier aboult the different levels of seating in a Bullfrog.  Especially important for short or tall individuals. Bullfrog is the only spa out there that can GUARANTEE you will be able to use every jet arrangement in your spa.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

rick

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 06:37:56 pm »
i hear they quite inexpensive too.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 06:38:12 pm by rick »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 06:37:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42