What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: thermospa  (Read 10491 times)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: thermospa
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 11:48:20 am »
Must still be on Thermospas email list.  Just received an email from them stating that if I call them before October 31st, I will get a free in-home consultation and $750 off the spa of my choice.

I unsubsribed to their mailing list.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 11:48:20 am »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 01:05:03 pm »

Obviously the majority of sales are betwen $6k and $8k but a succesful dealer has product that moves at the top and bottom ends as well. There are plenty of spas sold at successful dealers between $4k and $6k and from $8k to $9k and even $10k, and I don't mean 10% on each end. Ask dealers of some of the big guys like Marquis, Sundance and Hot Spring if their high end spas (Epic, Optima and Grandee) are mostly filling floor space or if they sell well and you'll find that they are each one of their top sellers (in quantity, not just $$) yet they are $9k+ spas. Each of those sell quite a few also between $4k and $6k (like Capri and Jettsetter). Their strength is their ability to sell through from top to bottom.

I don't dis-agree but he ALREADY has his own "below $6K spa" to promote so doesn't need (or want most likely) another.  As far as the $10K plus spas... I am certain they do sell fine in "some" markets.  It just didn't sound like he had many (if any) shoppers in that price range and if he did it was TS (OUCH@!).  My rec was a way for him to increase the MAJORITY of buyers who were looking "beyond" his primary low-cost line without forcing those consumers into a "premium priced" unit and thus my recs for a solid $6-$8K mfg option.  That's all
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 01:43:37 pm »
As far as the $10K plus spas... I am certain they do sell fine in "some" markets... thus my recs for a solid $6-$8K mfg option.  That's all

Its not just the very top end but also those between the $6-$8k you'd ementioned and the $10k+. Most everyone sells the high middle $6k to $8k end pretty well, the most successful dealers sell top to bottom well.

You're right that he may have the bottom end covered and maybe up to $6k but if you're not strong at $8k, $8.5k, $9k, $9.5k and $10k you loose out in many markets. Optimas, Cameos, Majestas, Envoys, Grandees, etc.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

powernoodle

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 01:56:34 pm »
He has the low end covered, just nothing between the 5k and 8k prices.  IMO, believe he has the Thermospas in the showroom to show the price difference.  TRYING to sell quality at an affordable price.  As mentioned before, he makes his own spas and most ppl that buy are price shoppers.   I only have a few models that are around 10k, mostly sell 5k to 8k in the market.  Hes doing something rite, been in the same location for over 15 years.
Vita Spa

MarKee

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 02:21:50 pm »
The Epic is Marquis' most expensive spa ($10,000-$13,000 in most markets), and also the #1 selling spa by far out of 16 models.  You do need to have a wide spectrum of prices though...some people want to spend $4,000, some want to spend $12,000.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 02:21:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42