What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm Baaaaaack.... I'm broken and should I switch?  (Read 3870 times)

Brookenstein

I'm Baaaaaack.... I'm broken and should I switch?
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:58:34 am »
Hello.  Long time no tub talk.  I went camping and pretty much never made it back here, lol.  Then I wento to boy scout camp and fractured my back and haven't been back to work in 2 months or done pretty much anything.  Heck I just started using my tub last week.  Before that it hurt to much to even get in and out let alone let the jets on.  

I've been a dichlor user for 2 year and am perfectly happy with that, but our tub use has lessened.  Between new tub joy wearing off, working, being a scout leader, soccer mom, baseball mom, and now owning a pop up and enjoying the outdoors camping twice a month we just aren't tubbing like we were.  Plus we will be gone for 2 weeks in November so I'm wondering if I should switch to bromine.... I'm just about out of dichlor and am in a desperate need of a tub change.  We had spillage so it is out of comission until I change it.   :o   :-[  ANy thoughts on dichlor vs bromine?

Hot Tub Forum

I'm Baaaaaack.... I'm broken and should I switch?
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:58:34 am »

Repeat_Offender

Re: I'm Baaaaaack.... I'm broken and should I swit
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:15:27 am »
I can't speak to dichlor use but I will say that I can't imagine anything easier than bromine. Just a few tablets in the floater and set the dial to maintain 2-3 ppm (this takes some trial and error) and it's hands off. Sometimes my spa goes unused for a week or so and sanitizing has never been an issue.
Bullfrog 562

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 11:21:13 am »
Welcome back Brookenstein and I'm sorry to hear about your injury. :'(
Hope you're feeling better soon my dear...

I wouldn't use anything BUT bromine even though I believe both regimes work well once perfected based on tub use and being proactive in the approach.

Take care,

Steve
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:21:39 am by Steve »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 11:34:18 am »
No reason why you can't switch.  Just start using bromine, and the sodium bromide packets.  You don't even need to refill with new water if you don't want to.  

You can always swap back if you want, after changing water.

Welocme back, by the way.  Was wondering where you went.

Brewman

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 11:39:15 am »
I would say try the bromine this time and see if it works better for you.  With your schedule, this would be a better option IMO.  I was going to use Dichlor when they set me up, but they brought bromine instead, so I started using it.  Then I found the Spa Frog floating system that utilizes a mineral cartridge and the bromine cartridge.  I love it so far.  Very convenient.  I've had some foaming issues, but that was an error on my part for not rinsing out the filters more often.   Good luck if you decide to try the change to Bromine....let us know how you like it!
--renee

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 08:57:40 pm »
Thanks for the welcome back.  I have to change the water.  I think I changed it on June first so its due anyway... it didn't get much use, but not regular chemical regimen either.  But with the carelessness last week, I best just  start fresh.  I think I'll order some bromine from doc in the morning.

Bama

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:58:44 pm »
Brookie,

I'm sorry to hear you injured your back.  Ouch!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 10:26:43 pm »
Welcome back Brooke--no punn intended. Can I ask how you broke your back? Has this interrupted any of your other activities?  :)

Take Care.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 10:31:13 pm »
I was diving into the swimming pool off the diving board.  I had bad form thats all, didn't hit the bottom or anything.  Guess I should stop showing off for all the dads at camp from now on with my fancy diving skills and stick to just jumping and catching the football.   :)

Yes, many activities have had to be altered.  But now my jaw is sore too.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 11:30:43 pm »

Show off............. ;)

Welcome back Brooke, hope you feel better soon!

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 12:08:24 am »
It sounds like you ned a loooong restful soak in the spa to help cure those sore spots.....Take some time out for you.....welcome back and I hope you feel better soon.

glfahlc

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:22:31 pm »
I was diving into the swimming pool off the diving board.  I had bad form thats all, didn't hit the bottom or anything.  Guess I should stop showing off for all the dads at camp from now on with my fancy diving skills and stick to just jumping and catching the football.   :)

sounds like you need to just use your hand for a while...lol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:22:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42