What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If you had to rank Hot tubs  (Read 48696 times)

In Canada eh

Re: If you had to rank Hot tubs
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2007, 06:26:56 pm »

For example, install ozone generators far larger than the ones we're using now, and have it hooked up to the main pumps instead of a smaller circ pump. Then, open the cover to prevent some of the damage from off-gassing (this would only work in outdoor applications, btw). Then, you turn on your ozonator, & the main pumps turn over the water as quickly as possible, much as you'd run your jets for 30-60 min. after shocking or a heavy chlorine dose. Might this work?

D.P.

Yep!  It would work quite well as far as shocking the tub.  Although I would imagine the E.P.A. and Environment Canada may have something to say about it :P
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2007, 06:26:56 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2007, 06:40:07 pm »
I just read the first page and last page of this thread so maybe I missed this but I was wondering where Phoenix spas land in the ratings???  :-/

mike in arkansas

After the top dozen or so spa companies there are many others that hold small shares of the North American market (mostly regional brands). Phoenix probably has about 1% of the market but if you count the ones they sell to the guy in Colorado who rebrands them as his own it's more like 1.02%.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:43:40 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2007, 07:00:59 pm »

Phoenix hasn't "landed" in the rankings yet, they're still falling... and fallllllliiiiiiinnnnnggg...

What does this mean?  I have heard rumors...
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2007, 08:31:04 pm »

What does this mean?  I have heard rumors...

What have you heard? I have no information, I was just putting in my .02% worth about them.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2007, 09:07:49 pm »
Spatech,
Using diclor as you do, do  you have a problem with high CYA levels?  How often do you dump the water and start over?
"Growing older but not up..."

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2007, 10:06:46 pm »
Spatech,
Using diclor as you do, do  you have a problem with high CYA levels?  How often do you dump the water and start over?

I really don't have an issue with CYA and I get 4 months minimum out of my water (definitely 5 on average).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:08:07 pm by Spatech_tuo »

loosenupspas

« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2007, 09:23:08 am »
Coleman's Cleanzone 2 system still requires the use of sanitizer but greatly reduced amounts, dichlor is the simpliest.  Here is the companyweb site for the manufacturer of the UV chamber........judge for yourself........

http://www.deltauv.com/aboutus.html

murph2458

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2007, 09:53:18 am »
I bought a Gulf Coast Spa last May and love it. Have had zero problems and seemed a good value for what I got.

C-MeToasty

« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2007, 10:48:44 am »
the old coleman clean zone 1 did as any ozone would do.  Coleman clean zone 2 is alot more powerful in fact powerful enough to eliminate 99% of sanitizing which would require 1 % extra sanitizing.  The problem is that the bulb has to be replaced pretty often.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2007, 12:59:23 pm »
1) Hot Spring/Tiger River
2) Sundance
3) Marquis
4) Dimension One
5) Caldera
6) Coleman
7) Jacuzzi
8) Arctic
9) Bullfrog
10) Dynasty

-These are just based on my personal preference.  I haven't had the opportunity to wet-test the Arctic, Bullfrog, or Dynasty, but they just weren't as comfortable for me in dry-testing them.  Arctic was the most comfortable of the three, but I just felt a bit more confined in some of the seats.

I haven't had any encounters with Artesian, LA Spa, Cal Spa, or some of the other spas because there aren't dealers in my area.  I'm sure there are other brands that could've made my top 10.

In Canada eh

« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2007, 03:37:33 pm »
the old coleman clean zone 1 did as any ozone would do.  Coleman clean zone 2 is alot more powerful in fact powerful enough to eliminate [glow]99%[/glow] of sanitizing which would require 1 % extra sanitizing.  The problem is that the bulb has to be replaced pretty often.

C-meToasty

Thats better!  Your comment about 99.99% was really throwing me ;)
Bullfrog 451

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2007, 07:04:39 pm »

C-meToasty

Thats better!  Your comment about 99.99% was really throwing me ;)

99% isn't much more accurate than 99.99% IMO.  

I'm a big ozone fan but even with 24/7 ozone (and an ozonator that has a serious output) that just isn't going to happen. People have tried to claim that before but thinking ozone, a nature 2 stick and MPS will do 99% of the job is just asking for trouble. ::)

C-MeToasty

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2007, 09:17:50 am »
It does enough sanitizing to claim 99 percent and it has the registered EPA number to back it up.  Or is that like the Ecopur situation in Master spa's?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2007, 09:17:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42