What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If you had to rank Hot tubs  (Read 48702 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: If you had to rank Hot tubs
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 04:24:01 pm »

It's because a cooler keeps things cold, while a spa is supposed to be hot. Very different, and diametrically  opposed functions. In fact, the only way to combine the two items into one would be the "McDLT" sandwich, invented by McDonald's in the 1980s and discontinued in the 1990s. It managed to keep the "hot side hot, and the cool side cool." It was discontinued because the insulated packaging was said to be "environmentally unfriendly". I believe it was a conspiracy cooked up by the government and Colonel Sanders.

The packaging, which was ahead of its time, is allegedly on its way into the spa industry as the "McTub". Spa manufacturers everywhere will flee before the mighty McTub, especially since it comes with a free side order of fries.

You are exactly right about the McDLT, I had completely forgotten that paradigm.  Although Colonel Harlan Sanders was every inch a patriot (no question), his clandestine black ops were damn near legendary, particularly the Botswana Pandemic (which he was rumored to have engineered by virtue of the 12th secret herb).

The only question which truly remains is the McRib factor and it's "true" contents.  THAT is the smoking gun.

Is a spa's insulation properties designed to keep heat from escaping or cold from invading?  Is the cooler vice versa or verse vica?  How many licks does it take to get to the pootytang center of a pootytang pop?  The world may never know.

Term
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 04:24:41 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 04:24:01 pm »

loosenupspas

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007, 04:58:46 pm »
like comparing a texan to an okie........both good people.  

Tom

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 05:21:22 pm »
nothing funny about it......Tom
He said it, I didn't.  Two Toms on the forum is going to be confusing.  I will be Arctic Tom and he can be Coleman Tom.  Please keep us straight.   8-)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:22:34 pm by Graybeard »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007, 07:05:47 pm »

It's because a cooler keeps things cold, while a spa is supposed to be hot.

ummmmmmmmmm, Actually they both do EXACTLY the same thing. They insulate, which means to prevent the heat from one area, or side,  from moving into the cooler area, or side. Prevent heat from transferring from one side to the other. Which area, or side, is hot, and which side is cold is completely irrelevant.

Here's an offer no one's ever seen before. Coleman was the first to "quote" the supposed Tong and Rogers Report, yet even a friend of mine (yes, I have friends) who was a Coleman dealer for almost 20 years NEVER saw the actual report. And she requested a copy, which was promised to her,  from Coleman Cooperate MANY times.. I will give $100 to anyone that can produce and give to me a valid copy of this supposed report.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2007, 07:22:36 pm »

Here's an offer no one's ever seen before. Coleman was the first to "quote" the supposed Tong and Rogers Report, yet even a friend of mine (yes, I have friends) who was a Coleman dealer for almost 20 years NEVER saw the actual report. And she requested a copy, which was promised to her,  from Coleman Cooperate MANY times.. I will give $100 to anyone that can produce and give to me a valid copy of this supposed report.

Paid out $5 annually for 20 years...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2007, 08:09:25 pm »
Actually, I was thinking Monopoly money
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

loosenupspas

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 08:36:57 am »
at the end of the day......it is about cost of operation......my customers tell me as low as $7.00 monthly to use their Coleman Spa  5 times a week.  But on the average the cost of usage is $15.00 monthly.......quote whatever, use wicked analogies, the only thing that matters is what does it cost you to oparate that hot tub each month........there are secondary issues but none are as nearly  important as what does it cost to operate.......

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2007, 08:57:02 am »
at the end of the day......it is about cost of operation......my customers tell me as low as $7.00 monthly to use their Coleman Spa  5 times a week.  But on the average the cost of usage is $15.00 monthly.......quote whatever, use wicked analogies, the only thing that matters is what does it cost you to oparate that hot tub each month........there are secondary issues but none are as nearly  important as what does it cost to operate.......

Is cost of operation really an issue in Florida :-?

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

loosenupspas

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2007, 09:21:49 am »
of course it is important.  tp or ff.......what is the verifiable cost on a monthly basis of operating that hot tub.  

C-MeToasty

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 02:24:35 pm »
I bought my first coleman back in 1987 from a place in long island and now I just purchased the New M6 and what a freakin spa man holy cow as phil rizutto would say.  They have come along way as my old spa had 5 jets and now I have 60 with a jet sequencer and a UV/Ozone system 99.99% bacteria with a minimal amount of chems. The stereo system came with an IPOD docking station, floating remote, CMU which I can control filter cycle times and temperature wirelessly from inside the house.   I used to use bromine LOL hahaha funny.  Thermolock, gavalnized steel, ABS bottom and what else more can you ask for.  I bought this Coleman from the same place as I did 20 years ago.  My electric bill is about 5 dollars a month higher as my old FF spa.  And as for Steel I would say that is a no brainer and can only imagine every company changing to the same eventually.  Just my opinion.

loosenupspas

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 02:33:56 pm »
Toasty........nice spa.......sounds well equiped......I have had great luck selling the 700 series....but am slow to get on board the M6 bandwagon however after listening to your description I am close to doing it.  Happy soaking......hey put some pix on this site if you are comfortable with that.  .......by the way toasty......all companies will go steel and tp in the future......hey it saves the environment.......great report.....Tom

C-MeToasty

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2007, 02:37:29 pm »
Big difference from the old spectrum I had.  The only complaint that I had with my new spa was a kinked line in the lounge and the plug wasn't all the way in for the sequencer.  The day that I called to set up for a service call they were here within 1 hour and was there for 20 minutes and that is substantial service if I ever saw.  I bought this spa mainly for the people at the store and there honesty and backup service.  They have 2 gold lantern awards for #1 Coleman retailer (24kt. gold) haha.  I love that spa

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2007, 02:40:45 pm »
 .......by the way toasty......all companies will go steel and tp in the future......hey it saves the environment.......

I'm guessing there will still be full foam used by most of the major manufacturers for a long time to come (or some other insulating material to fill the space). As far as steel, that is a good one to ponder. Some may go steel or some other material but I’m guessing most will stay with PT wood since there really is no reason to switch other than the PT wood maybe doesn't have as good of a sales story.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 02:49:42 pm »
Ahhh the sales stories.... Steel and TP huh? Not in our lifetime... ;)

loosenupspas

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2007, 02:51:53 pm »
i was reading about something called frozen smoke, i think it was so named.....a carbon type insulation that is so strong it wouldn't require sub-structure, the shell and support would be one piece and this too would be the insulation.  Altogether, it wouldn't be thicker than a few layers of fiberglass.  And it is super light too.......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2007, 02:51:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42