What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water change  (Read 4396 times)

Shawnm

Water change
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:57:24 am »
OK I had my water in my tub from June 14 & the water is clear & looking great. Do you still change the water? I'm thinking of doing it in Nov before the winter. I live in the way north part of NJ. So I don't want to do it in freezing temp. Do you change the water even if the tub water is looking great??????

Hot Tub Forum

Water change
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:57:24 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Water change
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:10:23 am »
If your water is fine, I'd push it as late in the year as possible, then do a change, just so you don't get stuck with that in the dead of winter.
 I hesitate to change my spa water once the temperatures stay below freezing.  
Brewman

Shawnm

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 02:41:32 pm »
Do you change the water even if it is looking great or do you leave it?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 03:31:26 pm »
Do you change the water even if it is looking great or do you leave it?

Depends. Brewman's point, I think is putting if off late, increases the chance you can make it to warmer weather before the next change.

But getting back to your question, it depends.  If the water still looks good after 4 months that is a tribute to your care.  Try this, turn on all your jets and air flow.  Let it run for 30 seconds. How long does it take to clear when you turn the jets off? Thats an indiciation of the amount of dissolved solids.  Is that accompanies any unusual smells or gassing when the jets are running, I'd change the water now, if not, hold out as long as you can.  I just changed mine and the water after fill up was 70 degrees so it didn't take long to heat up.  In coming months your tap water will get colder and require a few more hours to heat back up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 03:37:11 pm »
every four months is a good cycle to change the water.  Your owners manual may have something to say, usually it is on a 4 month basis.  No foam, still balances and is crystal clear, it would be hard to change it out.  But are you using more chemicals  than before?  If so change it......happy soaking...

Shawnm

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 11:33:36 am »

Depends. Brewman's point, I think is putting if off late, increases the chance you can make it to warmer weather before the next change.

But getting back to your question, it depends.  If the water still looks good after 4 months that is a tribute to your care.  Try this, turn on all your jets and air flow.  Let it run for 30 seconds. How long does it take to clear when you turn the jets off? Thats an indiciation of the amount of dissolved solids.  Is that accompanies any unusual smells or gassing when the jets are running, I'd change the water now, if not, hold out as long as you can.  I just changed mine and the water after fill up was 70 degrees so it didn't take long to heat up.  In coming months your tap water will get colder and require a few more hours to heat back up.

Thank you all
It takes about 15 to 20 sec for the water to clear up after I run both pump's & all the jet's. There is no smell in the water I try to smell it all the time. There is no foam because I'm crazy when it comes to foam. I'm still using the same amount of chemicals. I wash my filter out ever week & scum busters out every week. I'll wait to after my son's birthday party in Nov because the little kid's will be in it & will mess it up I bet.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 03:57:52 pm »

Thank you all
It takes about 15 to 20 sec for the water to clear up after I run both pump's & all the jet's. There is no smell in the water I try to smell it all the time. There is no foam because I'm crazy when it comes to foam. I'm still using the same amount of chemicals. I wash my filter out ever week & scum busters out every week. I'll wait to after my son's birthday party in Nov because the little kid's will be in it & will mess it up I bet.

Based on that, I'd say you do a good job keeping up the water, water can only hold so much solid material.  Watch your weather forecast and if you see a cold wet snap coming change it now.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 03:57:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42