What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Strange but true!  (Read 5350 times)

C-MeToasty

Re: Strange but true!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 03:59:08 pm »
Vinny,
     If you use too many chemicals in any time length you will get excessive foaming which is an indication of TDS level being too high.  I remember when I got my first coleman and the 1st week I had it I was adding way too much bromine and found out that my OTO test was out dated and wasn't working.  The end result was not showing a bromine reading but in actuallity it was above 10ppm.  Check the strips experation date or bring it into a local pool place to have it tested for TDS and Chlorine level with OTO.  Are you using the liesure time, rendezvous, robarb or N2???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 03:59:08 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 06:07:05 pm »
At this point I don't have foaming I have (maybe had - haven't opened the tub in a couple of days) cloudy water. I dont use strips, I use the Taylor kit.

After doing some research, TDS is something that can't be measured unless you're using expensive lab quality testers; certainly not with a $25 tester. Mike, personally I wouldn't waste my money (I didn't).

I've never had my water this long so I attribute this to high TDS but without testing, I don't know. Fresh water is the best chemical anyone could put into the tub so that is what I will be doing once my back stops aching!

I use All Clear dichlor, store brand (ACME or Shoprite) baking soda to adjust my PH and alkalinity, some old MPS from Leslies to shock every so often, Leslies calcium chloride for calcium and a squirt every so often of sea klear clarifier. That's it - not too many chems that I use.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 06:07:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42