What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thank  you, HottubDan and Tom!  (Read 5755 times)

anne

Thank  you, HottubDan and Tom!
« on: October 06, 2007, 01:52:31 am »
As you may know, from another thread, I'm currently tub-less with a pump that needs to be replaced, and perhaps electrical damage from the water that leaked from said pump. My question relates to the service that I am now gettting from Arctic. It feels to me right now like there is nobody actually at the helm of that company!!!

My original dealer (bought the tub from him) up and left about two months after I bought the spa. Clearly he was lying when he said that he was very happy with Arctic, and I could count on him for "years" for service.

The next closest dealer (2 hrs away) would come to fix the tub, but it would take more than a month to come down here. The service guy was sorry he could not help more, but "his boss" wont let him come down to Sacramento more often.

So I call the warranty dept, and they say, no, we have no problem with someone coming soon! Why would we! I'll take care of it and call you back!!

No call, obviously.

Two days later, I have someone saying that they'll authorize for a local person (non Arctic) to take care of the tub. Yeaaaaaah! My huge thanks to Hottub Dan who thought of this, and is getting his service dept to take care of me....and it is not even a HotSpring!!!!

So this all makes me very happy, but it is really Dan who is stepping up to the plate, not Arctic. Even Dan had tried to contact them to offer to help, and they did not respond until I started getting a little pissy!

So now we wait for a pump to be delivered......
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 03:03:40 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

Thank  you, HottubDan and Tom!
« on: October 06, 2007, 01:52:31 am »

anne

Re: Thank  you, HottubDan!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 02:39:33 am »
I'm a dork. I got rid of the question part, to focus on saying thanks to Dan, and clearly did not edit very well.....And I definitely meant to say thanks to Greybeard, aka Tom who tried to facilitate Dan's involvement as well. I'm a bit sleep deprived- sorry for the poor organization.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 09:19:23 am »
[size=24]GREAT JOB DAN & TOM!!![/size]    [size=72]:)[/size]

loosenupspas

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 11:03:49 am »
Dan and Tom are my heros......no reallly there are......I wish I could have helped Anne.  It is great to see genuine concern and action from hot tub professionals, which more than makes up for the hoohaa exhibited by some.......happy soaking Anne......tom and dan gold stars

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 12:27:41 pm »
We are not there yet, but we are moving forward.

Arctic is shipping us a pump.  Swapping pumps is the easy part.

Next 2 things need to happen:
1)  We need to diagnose the power issue (assuming drying out does not solve it).
2)  Arctic needs to pay us. ;)

We are making progress though.  Hopefully, Anne will be in hot water sooner rather than later.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 12:39:31 pm »
You da man Dan! :)

I'm sure Tom will have no issues cutting you a personal cheque!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 01:41:18 pm »
Great reading.   As a person who owns a tub that has no local dealer any more, I sympathize.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

anne

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 03:03:01 pm »
We are not there yet, but we are moving forward.

Arctic is shipping us a pump.  Swapping pumps is the easy part.

Next 2 things need to happen:
1)  We need to diagnose the power issue (assuming drying out does not solve it).
2)  Arctic needs to pay us. ;)

We are making progress though.  Hopefully, Anne will be in hot water sooner rather than later.

Sorry, Dan did not mean to put you on the spot or anything.......I know were still not there yet.

And if they dont pay you, I'll become their WORST. CUSTOMER. EVER.

But I'm sure they will!!! :) Tom and Brenda will take care of us ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Thank  you, HottubDan and Tom!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 04:47:06 pm »
Yeah, you really have to watch those sneaky HotSpring dealers: they tend to like helping people out.

Good job (so far) Dan.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 08:26:09 pm »
Not all of you Hot Spring dealers are bad ... just some of you! ;)

Tom

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 11:47:06 am »
I'm sure Tom will have no issues cutting you a personal cheque!

Huh?   Hey, wait a minute  :o

tinybubbles

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 04:13:55 pm »
This might be a little off topic, but Anne:  I love your set up.  It's really pretty.  I shyed away from dark tubs.  I wouldn't have, if I had seen yours.  Did you buy those steps or make them.  Again, really pretty!

anne

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 01:25:50 am »
This might be a little off topic, but Anne:  I love your set up.  It's really pretty.  I shyed away from dark tubs.  I wouldn't have, if I had seen yours.  Did you buy those steps or make them.  Again, really pretty!

Thanks! It really is not that dark- it is stained cedar, and the tub steps are from Arctic. They take a little maintenance (yearly sanding/refinishing), but I enjoy the smell of cedar, especially when they are wet. They came a little unfinished/"out of a box" looking, so I routered sanded and restained the edges to make them more finished looking......but I'm not sure I had done that when I took the pic in my avatar, so maybe never mind. I did the flagstone, and it is called "three rivers rock." That was super fun, and aside from all the digging, not too hard.

tinybubbles

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 10:24:55 am »
They say that copying is the sincerest form of flattery, so I might try to steal a few of your ideas.  I've already told hubby I'm going to put him to work making similiar stairs.  The lights underneath them are great too.

anne

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 02:39:11 am »
Why, thank you! The construction is super simple, but if you want any closer shots, lemme know. I think that building them would be a very easy, but repetitive and dull job. When I bought the tub, one of the "freebies" the dealer threw in was steps for two sides of the tub, so this is what I picked.

The lights are solar powered, and I move them around as needed. Home Depot, pretty inexpensive. Super nice for avoiding stubbed toes.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 02:40:39 am by anne »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 02:39:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42