What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best time of the year to get a good deal on tub?  (Read 11245 times)

tommel2k1

Best time of the year to get a good deal on tub?
« on: October 07, 2007, 04:07:54 am »
Am I right in with the conclusion that I may be able to get a better deal on a tub towards spring(last years model). If so any dealers care to give me an idea on how much off a tub that costs around $10000 now (no haggling on that price yet) on say a hotspring or Sundance? One more question, being new to my area (olympia, WA) and hot tubs as well, if you walked into a dealer (jacuzzi) that is well established but the showroom was less than impressive, would you expect decent service still? I see alot of problems are covered by the maker of the hot tub, not as much the dealer service personnel. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I do like jacuzzi as well and the price tag reflected the quality of the showroom(2000 less than the average). Thanks for any thoughts.

Hot Tub Forum

Best time of the year to get a good deal on tub?
« on: October 07, 2007, 04:07:54 am »

solo

Re: Best time of the year to get a good deal on tu
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:20:51 am »
This is my guess, but from my research:

1.  Around February the dealers will want to move in the new years models and move out the old.  So you might get be able to get a better deal around then.

2.  Consider a floor model.  Dealers usually sell these at significant discounts.

3.  If your city has a "Home Show" dealers are usually at the Spring homeshow and some at the fall homeshow too giving signifcant discounts.

Good luck!

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 12:16:26 pm »
LOL I always laugh when people ask this question...just so you know you may save a few hundred dollars on the 2007 floor models in 2008 but nothing crazy...now if you found a 2006 model in 2008 that could turn into some huge savings.  But I would say start looking now because every year tubs get more expensive, if the tub you want isnt a floor model then your just paying the 2008 price.  Best thing to do is find out which tub you like and try to work out your own good deal, the time of the year doesnt make much of a difference.
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

Seahawk

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:23:39 pm »
Is it only me, but I find it incredibly funny that Solo, who hasn't purchased a spa yet is now all full of advise on purchasing as spa.  Yes, you will probably get a better deal on waiting until the spring to purchase a spa.  But what I think your forgetting is your discount on a left over spa will only be reflective of a 2007 price.  Every year manufactures tend to raise prices on the new units, so you must compare your prices to 2007.  I can not imagine waiting 5-6mos. for something you want now for a few hundred dollars.  Just me.
Good Luck!!!

solo

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 12:55:11 pm »
Is it only me, but I find it incredibly funny that Solo, who hasn't purchased a spa yet is now all full of advise on purchasing as spa.  Yes, you will probably get a better deal on waiting until the spring to purchase a spa.  But what I think your forgetting is your discount on a left over spa will only be reflective of a 2007 price.  Every year manufactures tend to raise prices on the new units, so you must compare your prices to 2007.  I can not imagine waiting 5-6mos. for something you want now for a few hundred dollars.  Just me.
Good Luck!!!

What is more funny is coming to a forum filled with spa dealers and sales rep and expecting to get adivce on how to get a good deal.  Not that's funny.

Kind of like the fox watching the hen house...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 01:17:38 pm »
Solo, you have caused some members to be a bit aggrivated with your back and forth banter :-/...why not show everyone that you have appreciated the positive advice that you did receive..and put your very extensive in depth search into something that will help others. ;)

A while ago a member did an awesome review of the tubs that he wet tested. I know many folks appreciated his efforts and it helped others to be better prepared when they did a wet test.

So my challenge to you is to compile a detalied evaluation of your experience. For example you have conflicting thoughts on Jacuzzi...why not explain what you disliked and how the second wet test helped you appreciate the things that you missed the first time.
This would be so helpful to others and probably stop all the negative feed back.

So get busy funneling those wet test experiences into something useful. It's much better to feel appreciated rather than resented!  ;)

And for what it's worth, I am with SeaHawk. If you truly have a medical condition that would benefit from a hot tub, procrastinating makes no sense...you don't know if you will ever get a better deal because there are so many factors that impact the cost of a spa..I was willing to pay the price...no negotiation...because I really wanted to be able to move around again. The tub has been my answer to the arthritis that slows me down...So if you really feel that bad, don't wait. Winter is coming and that only will make you feel worse.

Good luck...my sermon for the day ;) ;D  Yes, Bill I am now not only a Spa tech, but a psychologist (part of my job description as a Mom!) ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 02:56:58 pm »
This is my guess, but from my research:

2.  Consider a floor model.  Dealers usually sell these at significant discounts.

Good luck!

From my research, yes floor models are sold at a discount but I may not totally agree with the term "significant". It varies from dealer to dealer and certainly also depends on whether it is a wet or a dry floor model.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

solo

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 03:07:13 pm »
Bonibelle...The whole "buy, buy, buy" mentality just gets old.  A hot tub is a huge purchase and an important one.  It is also likely one that you will have to livwe with for quite some time.  So you may as well do your homework and take your time.  I understand that most people that buy spas are affluent.  So it's not a financial burden on your average spa consumer.  So looking to save a few hundred dollars might not be a big deal to most.  But please realize that some purchasers don't fall into that category.  I want to be a voice that can be an advocate for the consumer.  By thwe way, on MANY occassions I have mentioned that I did get good advice from this forum and am glads that I came here.  I enjoy being the voice of the consumer and don't mind the abuse from posters like Steve and others.  I mean, it's not like I even know Steve or he knows me.  He just another rude twit on the Internet, imagine that.  

But back to contributing to the board.  

You wanted to know about the jacuzzi wet tests and what changed my mind.  It was the massage I got on the 2nd test.  On the 355 I tested, the massage was not strong.  But I think the air was turned off on the jets.  On top of that, whether I like a tub or not strongly depends on the massage I get on my lower back.  I really enjoy the jets that can be pushed into a grove that allowes them to turn in a circle.  That motion on my lower back gives the hydrotherapy I am looking for.  On the 355 I looked at, this feature was not shown to me.  I even asked about it.  I don't think the sales person was aware that the jets had this feature.  I alslo think it didn't help that immediately prior to testing the 355, I sat in a D1 chairman which was a much nicer spa in my opinion, but not one that I can afford.  

On the 365 I was shown a week later, I did see these 2 features (the air and the twirling jets) and it made a significant difference in the level of hydrotherapy provided.  

tinybubbles

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 11:17:16 am »
Solo, up until now, I've given you the benefit of the doubt.  But, now I have my doubts that you are legitimately a hot tub shopper.  You're main concern has been getting the best deal possible on a tub and you have been frustrated by your inability to do this.  Now, you are telling someone else how to get the best price on a spa?  If you know the best strategies, why haven't you employed them?  Why have you been trying to buy now, when you know that February is the best time?  Why have you been making offers at stores when you know that home shows offer the best deal?  And finally, if floor models are the best deal, why has no dealer jumped on one of your offers for one?  

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 01:19:57 pm »
September is the best time - you just missed out.
^
^
^
^
^
Actually,
getting a great price on something that you will use a little over the summer vs. getting a good deal on something that you will use a lot over the winter.

you figure it out
Steve

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 02:08:58 pm »
 I enjoy being the voice of the consumer and don't mind the abuse from posters like Steve and others.  I mean, it's not like I even know Steve or he knows me.  He just another rude twit on the Internet, imagine that.  

I may have never met you personally but by reading your posts, I have a VERY clear understanding on your mental state and the fact that you haven't cut the umbilical cord from Mommy yet.

Having you give advice to someone else on how to buy a spa may be the funniest thing I've read in years here! You don't have a CLUE even though MANY of us actually tried to help.
You've missed months of enjoying your spa (not to mention the quality of life issue) all in the name of saving a few bucks.

Let's do the math. You buy a spa next month (HAHAHAHAHA) ::) and you saved $400 over the identical spa you saw months ago for whatever reason. Lets say you have that spa 10 years... Care to figure out what your overall savings was in the lifespan of your spa? For the record, I do believe you are spa shopper, but I also believe you have "issues" that no one here can help with.

You're a JOKE Solo and if you read the thousands of posts I and many others that contributed over the years (FOR FREE) in this forum, you will see the common denominator of us attempting to do everything we can to help others make a wise buying decision. You can NOT suggest otherwise if you take the time to read.

By suggesting that all we are doing is to "tell people to buy, buy, buy", then you have no business here as you obviously have zero comprehension on what you read. You attempt to discredit every salesperson or spa representative that comes here on their own free will to help others by suggesting we have some form of "stake" or ulterior motive in this. Let me make this abundantly CLEAR for you a$$hole! We don't benefit in any way other than knowing that we've helped people eliminate some of the obstacles than can be associated with buying a spa.

99% of us could care less what people buy as long as they understand not to get caught up in marketing BS and "today only" sales. You make a mockery out of spa sales and the buying process and have no concept. This is a guy that spent more time negotiating on spas he couldn't afford and spas he didn't want, yet you are the "go to guy" on spa shopping? How did you make this far in life? Only after we told you how ridiculous that was did you get it? Give your head a shake Solo and if we're all as bad as you say, then why are you here? You're a sponge Solo and you'll take anything free right? Just ask your Mommy...

BTW, Mommy called and said that if you can't play nice, she was going to stop paying for your internet connection...

cburk0677

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 02:37:24 pm »
I got a great deal on my Vanguard $8300 including all taxes, deliver, setup, steps, cover, cover lifter, starter chemicals, etc. It was a 2006 model and I purchased it around Dec 16 of 2006. I think buying anything near the end of the model year is the time to get the best deal. It also helps that the salesman gets a commission. I've found that the closer to Christmas it is the more they are willing to deal. Everyone needs money at Christmas:)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 02:37:55 pm by cburk0677 »
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

tinybubbles

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 10:28:30 am »
I've found that the closer to Christmas it is the more they are willing to deal. Everyone needs money at Christmas:)

Not if they are Jewish. ;)

solo

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 01:29:22 pm »
Captain Shortbus....errr....I mean...Steve...In the words of Carlos Mencia:

"DEE DEE DEE".

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 01:41:26 pm »
Captain Shortbus....errr....I mean...Steve...In the words of Carlos Mencia:

"DEE DEE DEE".

Hmmmm, I thought that was Sting? :-/
Dede dee dee, dada da da, is all I want to say to you... I'm sure it's Sting! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 01:41:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42