What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: safe hot tub "shut down"  (Read 5408 times)

anne

safe hot tub "shut down"
« on: October 02, 2007, 08:58:03 pm »
It looks as though getting someone from Arctic to take care of my tub is going to be harder than expected. Hopefully, it was just a misunderstanding, but I'm still being told a month at minimum. I hung up, fairly angry, and fotgot to clarify how to "store" my tub until it is serviced. If I live somewhere that freezing is not a problem (FOR NOW!!) then can I just thoroughly drain it and leave it alone, perhaps with the cover cracked open with a tennis ball for air circulation?

thanks!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

safe hot tub "shut down"
« on: October 02, 2007, 08:58:03 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: safe hot tub "shut down"
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:01:51 pm »
You have every right to be angry---that is absolutely unacceptable.

Contact Tom, he will get you taken care of faster than anyone else.  He is very good at shaking things up based on other threads I have read.

I wouldn't drain it just yet...maybe give it a few days to see if you get a response.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. :(

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

anne

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 12:56:38 am »
Thanks Term. I was starting to think that my frustration was not appropriate, and that I'm just moody because of other things going on. I understand that there is not "bad guy" here (except for Mr. Wanker, my Ex-dealer) but I still hoping for something to work out.

It has been cold and full for 4 days. It smells fine, and the water is clear. Still ok to wait a bit? Add chlorine, and mix it with a big stick? :)

Tom is in the loop!!! :)

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 03:31:13 am »
semi new to the board but whats the problem with the spa?  What I might suggest is calling a third party tech and pay him to diagnose the problem (shouldnt be more then 100)...is the spa under warranty?  Maybe you work something out by paying to have your spa fixed and fighting with them to riemburse you, but atleast you get the spa fixed.

You have every right to be pissed off, I would be....my satelite went out and it took 2 weeks for someone to fix it, then they couldnt fix it because they didnt bring everything...I been 5 weeks without my dish, my tivo and my nfl sunday ticket and I losing my patients I am sure the same you are.
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

Tom

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 05:25:26 pm »
What I might suggest is calling a third party tech and pay him...
We're working on a variety of possible solutions and trying to make things jump a little faster.  Please do not adjust your set - we are experiencing temporary technical difficulties...  :-[  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 07:56:32 pm »
Tom will get the job done right ...this is a good example of why this forum is so helpful... ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

anne

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 03:12:05 pm »
The water continued to accumulate in the cabinet, so I mopped it up, and found that it was trickling in under one of the pumps. So now the tub is emptied, and I'm in wait mode. The tech on the phone thought that it was a bad ring (O ring?). So here I sit, by the phone....... ;)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 03:56:58 pm »
Shaft seal, easy fix!! ;)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 04:46:16 pm »
The question is...why a bad shaft seal?  Bad water chemistry? ;)  Those darn Taylor kits! ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

anne

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 02:19:21 am »
Shaft seal, easy fix!! ;)

Yeah, if they'll just come DO IT!!!!!! :( :-/ :( :-X

anne

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 02:22:58 am »
The question is...why a bad shaft seal?  Bad water chemistry? ;)  Those darn Taylor kits! ;D

Er, I'm tired, so pardon my density, but you are kidding, right? I'm pretty anal about chemistry, but I have been having a hard time keeping my pH down the last 2 months.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 02:22:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42