What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to check to see if your CD Ozone still works?  (Read 7052 times)

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
How to check to see if your CD Ozone still works?
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:27:44 pm »
I have a 2004 Sundance Altamar with the Sunzone CD ozone system in it.  When the heater is on, I see little air bubbles coming up and bursting at the surface.. sorta makes a slight fizzling noise.  But how do I tell if the Ozone is still being produced?  The original owner I bought the tub from said they only used the tub for 1 season but who knows..  when I take the cover off the tub I really don't smell anything but bromine (well soon to be dichlor since I'm switching right now).  My tub is inside my garage too btw.

and how often do you normally have to replace these Sunzone CD Systems?

thanks

Hot Tub Forum

How to check to see if your CD Ozone still works?
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:27:44 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: How to check to see if your CD Ozone still wor
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 10:30:55 pm »
Have you taken a wiff of the ozone gas while sitting in the spa. To me it smells like fresh watermelon--got this analogy from spatech. Just seeing the bubbles doesn't always guarantee that your ozone system is working correctly.  Good luck.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 11:48:16 am »
I have a 2004 Sundance Altamar with the Sunzone CD ozone system in it.  When the heater is on, I see little air bubbles coming up and bursting at the surface.. sorta makes a slight fizzling noise.  But how do I tell if the Ozone is still being produced?  The original owner I bought the tub from said they only used the tub for 1 season but who knows..  when I take the cover off the tub I really don't smell anything but bromine (well soon to be dichlor since I'm switching right now).  My tub is inside my garage too btw.

and how often do you normally have to replace these Sunzone CD Systems?

thanks
The little bubbles at least show you that the Mazzei injector is working and your check valves are not plugged.  You should see the bubbles whenever your circ pump is operating.  If you only get this while the heater is on, you may be in economy mode and will not get the full effect of having ozone.  You should switch to standard mode.

If you open your doors to the equipment area, you should see the ozonator with a 1/4 inch clear tube that extends to a Hartford loop above the water line, then to one or two small check valves and then to the Mazzei injector.  You should hear a faint buzz or feel a slight vibration when the ozonator is on.  This will tell you that the system is at least running.

There is no good way to check if it is producing ozone except for the smell of ozone when you lift the cover (will be easier to smell with chlorine) or the telltale oxidizing of the pillows and ghosting of the underside of the cover.  There is no easy way of measuring ozone in spa water.  The Sunzone CD system requires no maintenance and should last about seven years.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:49:02 am by tony »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 11:48:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42