What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: operating costs  (Read 3057 times)

bankrbill

operating costs
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:18:56 pm »
Hello once more.

Does the Hot Spring Aria really cost less to operate than the Coleman 481 or the Jacuzzi 355?  The Hot Spring dealer here in Indy insists that the Aria will cost less each year in chemicals as well as electical costs.

Thanks in advace for your time and opinions.

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

operating costs
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:18:56 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: operating costs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:37:36 pm »
This is a generalization.

All quality tubs will cost approximately the same, the difference may be $10 a month if that in electricity. There are people around with all 3 brands in cold climates and I can't remember anyone who said they have outrageous bills other than a problem.

Chem costs are the same except a smaller volume tub uses less chems to get to the correct range. If you're looking at a 300 gallon tub vs a 500 gallon tub then yes it will cost less in chems.

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 02:50:52 pm »
Hot Spring publishes the cost of their spas conducted by 3rd party testers.  You can see this in their brochure.  They also base it off of different temps from throughout the country.  

I've seen other manufacturer's operating costs, but they base it off of running the tub in a 60F or 70F room, so make sure you're not fooled.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 06:21:31 pm »
As others have said, I doubt it's true for chemicals. That will depend not only on the size of the tub, but also on the bather load (and how dirty those bathers are)  ;).

As to energy, maybe. I don't believe anyone has done an independent, head to head comparison test.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 08:46:26 pm »
Hello once more.

Does the Hot Spring Aria really cost less to operate than the Coleman 481 or the Jacuzzi 355?  The Hot Spring dealer here in Indy insists that the Aria will cost less each year in chemicals as well as electical costs.

Bill
Don't buy from that HS dealer. I don't like their aproach to sales just from the above post. All they had to say is "we make/sell a very effecient spa" and leave it at that. All the rest is hoopala.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:16:56 am »
Hello once more.

Bill

Simply ask for documentation that backs up their BS....ahhhh statement....

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:16:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42