What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HOTSPRING GRANDEE OPINIONS....GOOD BAD AND UGLY...  (Read 3685 times)

STEELMAN

HOTSPRING GRANDEE OPINIONS....GOOD BAD AND UGLY...
« on: September 30, 2007, 04:11:32 am »
OK GUYS TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THE HOTSPRING GRANDEE....WET TESTED
IT AND REALLY DO LOVE THE FEATURES BUT AM TORN BETWEEN D1 CALIFORNIAN
AND MARQUIS EPIC....AND WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE ON THIS BEAUTIFUL TUB...I HAVE SEEN THEM
FOR AROUND 9400....I'M IN CALIFORNIA...PLEASE HELP WITH OPINIONS...THA NX

Hot Tub Forum

HOTSPRING GRANDEE OPINIONS....GOOD BAD AND UGLY...
« on: September 30, 2007, 04:11:32 am »

Spiderman

Re: HOTSPRING GRANDEE OPINIONS....GOOD BAD AND UGL
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:38:08 am »
The Grandee is awesome, but too big for our family.  That is a huge tub.  My kids treated it like a swimming pool, since they're use to our 225 gallon HotSpring Jetsetter.  $9400 is a fair price IMO, but will vary from dealer to dealer and region to region.  The bottom line is if you find a tub you love and are comfortable with the price, DO IT!!  If you end up with the Grandee, you will not be disappointed.  Good luck!!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:50:55 am »
I love the Grandee.  Its a great spa, but all the spas you are looking at are great.  One negative for me with the Grandee is that it does not have four corner seating.  If that is not important to you, it is the spa I would get.

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 10:29:53 am »
We have had our Grandee for about a year.  It is the first tub we have ever owned, so I don't have any ownership comparisons to cite.  However, I can say that it has been a great experience.  Other than to buy additional chemicals and silver catalyst "charges", we have not had to contact our dealer at all.   They set it up and it worked like a charm.  Usually it is just my wife and I in the tub, and the dual moto massagers get used a lot.  The fact that one of the corner seats is deeper than the other is a good feature: I am 5-11 and my wife is 5-2, so the height difference is noticeable.  When we go in we use different seats to let the jets work the different areas.  We have had four adults in the tub and still had plenty of room.  After we installed our tub we discovered that the cover can be ordered in both a side to side open or a front to back open:  we wish we had known that before.

We also looked at some Coleman tubs and Master Spa.  The dealer turned us off on Master spa:  he seemed to think he was doing us a great favor by talking to us.  You can read enought about them on this forum to form your own opinion.  The Coleman wasn't as comfortable as the Grandee.  

The only regret we have with our purchase is that we waited so many years to finally purchase one.  I can't say how the price compares in California, but that seems reasonable based on our experience in the Washington DC suburbs.  

Good luck on your search.  

Bill

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 10:42:47 am »
9400 is a very good deal for a grandee atleast in my experience with them.  Which tub did you like the wet tests the most on?  Why didnt you try envoy, vista or nautilus considering you are trying open seaters and loungers.
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

STEELMAN

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 02:42:28 pm »
WET TESTED THE SOVERIEGN AND THE VISTA...ALSO TESTED VANGUARD...
JUST LIKE THE MASSIVE ROOM IN THE GRANDEE AND I LIKE THE DEPTH OF THE LOCATIONS
OF THE MOLDED SEATING ARRAIGNMENTS...ANYONE ELSE THINK THE GRANDEE IS WORTH THE MONEY

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 06:28:06 pm »
Steelman, did you wet test the other tubs as well?As others have mentioned, the Grandee has the dual Moto Massage DX jets, which the other two won't have. The Californian has mostly rotating jets, and an adjustable neck jet. The Marquis has high-flow directional jets, which is a different approach than the others, and an interesting layout.  I think you will find that the three of them feel very different.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 11:44:39 pm »
I would definitely re-consider the Marquis Epic.  Have you wet tested it?  The HK40 jets definitely set it apart from the rest.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 11:55:30 pm »
I would definitely re-consider the Marquis Epic.  Have you wet tested it?  The HK40 jets definitely set it apart from the rest.

All 3 have good reputations and you'll find happy owners of each brand you reference.

The jetting on all 3 of these spas is different and I'm sure all 3 wet tested uniquely. Let that wet test be your guide.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 11:55:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42