What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Tahitian  (Read 10595 times)

jalc

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Caldera Tahitian
« on: May 21, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »
Hello, is $8400 a fair price for the Caldera Tahitian. I was also quoted Hot Springs Envoy $8700

thank you

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Tahitian
« on: May 21, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
Re: Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 01:51:58 pm »
$8400 is a fair price. I am selling that same spa for $8895. So I'd say that's more than fair.

The Tahitian is Caldera's most powerful model, and since you had major back problems it would serve you well. It uses the sames pumps (two 2.5hp pumps) as the larger Utopia Spas (the Geneva and Niagra) but it's only 360 gallons compared to 475 and 500 for the Geneva and Niagra. I would venture to say that the Tahitian will give you the most powerful massage out there and with the diverter valves you can really crank that thing up. Good choice.

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 08:32:44 pm »
Like I said in your otehr post I have the Tahitian and love it.  Try it out.  You might like it.

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 08:24:59 am »
I was quoted $7599.00 + tax for the tahitian yesterday by Sunwright SPA in East Hartford CT as part of their promotional Memorial Day sales event. I have the quote in writing if you would like to see it.

sandiego

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 09:43:35 am »
$7599 is ridiculously low.

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:12:05 am »
The dealer said they were given extra incentives from Caldera. They are a very large dealership.

Not sure if they are pulling my let or not but they put it in writing. The kicker is that the Geneva is only $300 more.

sandiego

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 10:40:36 am »
well we've been the largest caldera retailer in the world since watkins bought the company, and I've never gotten incentives to sell that spa that low.

either way it doesn't matter it's a great deal you should hop on it.

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 11:53:22 am »
Well Pricing is always something different.  When I was shopping it was $300 difference between models at the Jaccuzi dealer, $500 at the hotsprings, and $700 at the Caldera dealer.  That brings up a question for San Diego.  With the major difference being between the Tahitian and Geneva 5"x5"X2" for size and 360 to 475 gallons and the two carpal tunnel jets would it have been worth it to pay the extra $700 dollars for the Geneva.  Other than the little extra size is it that much of a difference.  I sometimes wondered if I should've gotten the Geneva but not sure if $700 is worth it.

sandiego

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 12:50:57 pm »
it's really not a question of which one is better. it's more a question of which one fits you and your family better.

The Tahitian is the most powerful spa because it uses the same 2.5hp pumps at the Geneva but it's 360 gallons as opposed to 475.

But the main difference is the size of the footwell. The Geneva has a LARGE footwell, and it can legitimately hold 6 adults comfortably.  That's where you see the 2" height difference really pay off and the 5" width difference. Because of that you can get the carpal tunnel jets which are nice, but the better part is just having an arm rest to place your arms on.....

The Tahitian has a standard size footwell, it's a 7 x 7 spa and it can hold 4 adults comfortably.

But when I am on the floor before I ever talk about models, I try to find out what size fits the customer best. I ask quesions like how many people are going to use the spa regularly? How tall are you? You spouse?

The Geneva lounger is significantly longer than the Tahitian as well.

I am 6'3" so I am a Geneva guy, basically the rule of thumb I use is if you are 6"3' or taller for males  or 5"7' or taller for females you are a Geneva canidate, if you are an "average" sized person 5"7'-6"2' males, 5"2' to 5"6' for females then you are problably a Tahitian person.

Getting the size right is the most important thing when deciding on a spa model in my opinion, you want to make sure you are comfortable, aren't playing footsie and can relax.

So to answer your question Double A, if you fit in the Tahitian and your family fits in the Tahitian,  then there is no reason to "bump up" to a Geneva.

That's one of the nice things about Caldera, you can get virtually the same spa for different sized people.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 12:52:28 pm by sandiego »

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 01:50:19 pm »
Thanks for the reply San Diego.  Yea, I'm a 6'2" guy and the spouse is 5'3".  I think the tahitian was a good choice then.  We will have people over to use it and it will be sad or hard with 5 to 6 but we don't have people over enough to warrant the extra money.  Anyways we usually just have 4 at the max so far.  I guess if we have more than 4 we'll be dumpin alot out of the tub but I think it'll work for us.  Thanks again.

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 06:14:16 pm »
I guess my question is in a general opinion.  Is $700 more worth the 5"x5" more and 2 jets. to upgrade from the Tahitian to the Geneva.  I love the Tahitian but wonder if we should've got the Geneva for the extra space sometimes even though it's mostly gonna just be me and the wife.  But every once and a while when we have guests are we gonna be too cramped or not fit?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 06:25:51 pm by DoubleA »

sandiego

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 06:38:30 pm »
if you think you are going to have 4+ normal sized adults in your spa then yes. The Geneva is very roomy.

But if it's mainly just the two of you most of the time and you want the most power stick with the Tahitian.

If you have parties and have 5-6 people in the spa more than a couple/few times a year then yeah you should get the Geneva, but if it's just once or twice a year then no you shouldn't. does that answer your question?

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 07:21:31 pm »
yes thanks san diego

SM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 06:30:30 pm »
New to the site but used it extensively when searching for my new spa.  After much searching and wet testing just bought the Tahitian Utopia this past weekend. I live in Orange County, CA.   Paid $7395 +tax.  Also need to purchase the cover lifter.  

Final choice was a HS Envoy or the Tahitian.  My wife is 6' and I am 5"11.  Tahitian fit us perfectly since we are mostly using it alone.  When we have friends or parties we won't be in it for the hydrotherapy!!!  The Geneva was nice but was not as good of a fit.  The lumbar jets seat sold me on this tub.  

Definitely must wet test and it is all about fit and preference.  

scottkeen

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 08:56:10 am »
Can someone confirm if I have an older Caldera Spas Tahitian model?

The serial number is S069781184TAA
From what I've been told on this forum, based on the serial number its manufacture date was 06/1997.

The spa is square, measures about 84"x84", and sits 6 people. There is a lounger seat on the same side as the topside control panel, and the filter is in the corner to the right of the control panel.

The user manual dated 6/96 says "Caldera Spas Paradise Series", and inside it mentions the Hawaiian, Tahitian, Riviera, Aruba, and Martinique models. The Hawaiian, Tahitian, and Riviera use the larger 75 sq ft filter cartridges, which is what I have. I'd like to know which model I have, if anyone knows.

Just picked up from my friend who gave it to me. It's a bit filthy and the siding is worn and rotted.

I completely reframed it, put new siding on it, and rebuilt the pump. It still has other issues.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:57:52 am by scottkeen »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 08:56:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42