What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which hot tub to buy???  (Read 3775 times)

flybywire

Which hot tub to buy???
« on: September 30, 2007, 02:45:02 am »
I have been trying to buy a Hot tub for over a year and the more I know the less sure I have become. I'm looking for a new 6-7 person hot tub. I live in Washington State not real hot, not real cold in winter. I have looked at many different brands and I just can't make my mind up. I like the Hot springs, the Artic and the Cal spa has a tub that would work. These tubs range from 8500 to 12000 dollars, do I have to pay that much to get a reliable tub?? I have noticed Hot Springs customers either love em or hate em I would hate to pay 12000 dollars for something not reliable. Costco has a Hot tub for around 5000 dollars cant find any info if its good or bad. There seems to be so many opinions and I just dont know what way to go. Help

Hot Tub Forum

Which hot tub to buy???
« on: September 30, 2007, 02:45:02 am »

RK23

Re: Which hot tub to buy???
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:47:15 am »
Have you spent any considerable time in any of these tubs?  Wet testing is the only real answer to helping you determine which tub to buy.

You should be able to find some reliable 6 person tubs in the 7k range if you're willing to sacrifice some of the bells and whistles.

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:53:04 am »
you can look at d1, sundance, marquis, bullfrog and jacuzzi are all reliable spas you can be happy with in a price range you would want to stay in for what your getting probably.
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 11:14:42 am »
what hot springs is 12000?  thats kinda steep...does that include stereo?
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

Spiderman

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 11:51:13 am »
what hot springs is 12000?  thats kinda steep...does that include stereo?

The Hot Spring Aria is almost $12,000, but that's MSRP price.  And yes that includes stereo.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 06:46:05 pm »
I have been trying to buy a Hot tub for over a year and the more I know the less sure I have become.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain.

I've been meaning to make that my new sig.

You can buy a lot of great tubs in that price range. I would say that the VAST MAJORITY of Hot Spring customers are happy with their tubs.

Most of the Cal Spa buyers are happy with their tubs.

Some of the Costco buyers are happy with their tubs.

And as others have said, I would imagine that the Hot Spring prices you're seeing are "MSRP". By the time you haggle with the dealers they should be a fair amount less. You can get all kinds of high-end, reliable tubs in many places around the country for $9000 or so. Many near-top-of-the-line to middle-of-the-line tubs are $6000-$8000.

I would say that most people on this board would say that Hot Spring is one of the best tubs out there. MOST would probably not put Cal Spa or Costco tubs in that category. Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera, Marquis, Arctic, D1, and others are usually considered to be among the best.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 06:46:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42