What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: circ pump or not?  (Read 2547 times)

bankrbill

circ pump or not?
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:06:29 pm »
Hey out there in spa land.  Whats the opinion on circ pumps?  I can see both sides of the issue and would like to hear your opinons to help me make a decision.

Hot Tub Forum

circ pump or not?
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:06:29 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: circ pump or not?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:46:52 pm »
My opinion is is it's really up to you!

Another generalization.

Circ pumps can be nice as they keep the water moving constantly and are quieter in operation than a main pump operating in low speed. But small circ pumps may burn out, some manufactures have gone to big circ pumps for that reason. Small circ poumps may need help with the larger pumps to keep water clean. Another reason for a circ pump is 24 hour ozone.

The quietest tub is one that is sitting there doing nothing. If this is a concern for you having the tub filter in the daytime or before a certain hour at night will mean that the tub is just sitting there. If you put the tub in economy mode it will only heat when filtering. The good thing is it takes only a few hours to filter the tub vs a circ pump continuous operation.

Should you not get a spa if it does or doesn't have a circ pump - not really. A circ pump is just one way of doing filtration. Of course the discussion will come up about wear and tear on the main pump ... I guess the more you use it the quicker it can fail.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: circ pump or not?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:46:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42