What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 spas:  Sequencer question  (Read 7955 times)

solo

Re: D1 spas:  Sequencer question
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »

... or possibly because your arbitrary offer of $8000 was not sufficient on that spa for him to make his business work in the region of the country where he does business. I imagine he could have made an excetion for you but since he was not beholden to you in any way he passed at an offer that he felt was too low. No harm done on either side.

I agree.  No harm either way.  I offered, he turned it down.  No big deal.  Doesn't make him a bad guy or me one either.  

But to clarify, I am not asking for any dealer ot make an exception for me.  I offer a price and they either agree or don't.  There is no asking for an excpetion to it.  I don't want prefential treatment.  I simply acknowledge the fact that different people pay different prices for the same spa even from the same dealer.  Again, that is a fact.  What John Doe pays is the deal he made.  What I pay is the deal I make.  No exceptions or preferential treatment.  

Now if I wanted a special service agreement, that would be asking for preferential treatment.  Asking for a significant dicsount is just smart shopping.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 06:08:04 pm »
Get your gun, get your monkey sidekick, use these to jack up your momma for $1500 and go buy that Envoy, the one you REALLY want for $8500!  You best hurry before the dealer reads this forum and withdraws his offer and you end up tubless, gunless, and primateless and have to settle for a washtub and a pig.  Skeedaddle!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Larry Becker

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 07:08:32 pm »
The sequencer looked like a very nice feature.  Don't see any reason why it would be more prone to break than any other switch on the board.

The sequencer is pretty cool... my D1 Sarena Bay has two of them. It isn't just "a switch," but it actually has different sequences that you can cycle through that activate different jets in different sequences. It makes different jets turn on and off in about 6 different sequences. I like it because you don't have to just have the water blasting on you from all jets all the time. I've had mine almost a year and have had no trouble with it.

Larry Becker
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

solo

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 07:24:51 pm »
East TX...You are cracking me up.

I was actrually in Texarkana just 3 weeks ago.  You close to there?

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 12:39:46 am »
 Sold a Jetsetter and a Vanguard today, got rid of 2 damn monkeys.  Got 15 more crappin' all over the place that need a good home.

Terminator

Have you forgotten Bob Barker already? Help control the pet population, have your monkeys spayed or neutered.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Lars

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 11:13:11 am »

The sequencer is pretty cool... my D1 Sarena Bay has two of them. It isn't just "a switch," but it actually has different sequences that you can cycle through that activate different jets in different sequences. It makes different jets turn on and off in about 6 different sequences. I like it because you don't have to just have the water blasting on you from all jets all the time. I've had mine almost a year and have had no trouble with it.

Larry Becker
Er, was refering to the switching on the circuit board and internally, not the button you push on the side of the tub.

But your recommendation is better than mine.  ;)

Larry Becker

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 11:32:00 am »
Sorry, Lars... misunderstood... I don't see much about D1's on the board and got excited...

The panels seem pretty well sealed, and the switches all seem ok. The part that is getting all the action in the sequencer is underneath the seats. The jets are being turned on and off by some kind of solenoid or switch. That may have problems down the road, but if we're too worried about such things we can just sit quietly in a tub of hot water and not use any features at all... and sometimes I do that...

Larry
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 01:31:36 pm »
solo any d1 spa with the sequencer will be extremely out of your 8000 budget.  Unless you want a 3 person for 8000 in the Triad II.  I believe Vita has a sequencer in there new lounger model but not 100% sure on that one.  Honestly the sequencer is nice but dont know if I would ever pay 10000 for a hot tub myself.  I still say you get the 562 or the Envoy.  
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 01:31:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42