What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance and Jacuzzi are a no go  (Read 2734 times)

solo

Sundance and Jacuzzi are a no go
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:03:30 pm »
I have looked at most of the dealers in town.  I have ruled out Sundance and Jacuzzi.  Jacuzzi just doesn't give a good enough therpaeutic massage for me.  I knew immediately when I tested the J-365 (or was it the 355) that it wasn't gonna work.

Sundance was a little harder to rule out because they make a nice spa.  However, no seat in any of their tubs made me melt.  Their jets just didn't hit my back the way I wanted.  Nice build quality, strong jets.  Just not the right massage.  

Dimension 1 makes the nicest spa (to me) of all I have tested.  

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance and Jacuzzi are a no go
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:03:30 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance and Jacuzzi are a no go
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 04:14:02 pm »
 Well thats why you test them!!  Some fit some dont,kinda like shoes.

Oh well, go about your search let us know what you choose!!

solo

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 07:30:12 pm »
Exactly.  Everyone is different.

Someone below mentioned that they love the sequencer on their D1 spa because they didn't like all the jets blasting them.  I love all the jets blasting me and probably wouldn't use the sequencer.  I spoke to a Bullfrog owner today.  She likes the lighter massage of one of her jetpacks and I like the hard massage of the oscillator.  But the Sundance massage was almost too hard at spots.

That's why you wet test them.  I didn't mean to imply that Jacuzzi wasn't good.  Just that it didn't fit my tastes and needs.  

An aside:  one of my dealers told me that 98% of his customers don't wet test.  That is really hard to believe!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:58:27 pm »
For me I would say around 80% dont wet test.

I think the sequencer is a cool idea but our service tech hates them!  Expensive to fix when broke and not under warranty.   Something to think about.

tinybubbles

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:32:33 am »

That figure just blows my mind.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 10:58:32 am »

I would actually expect that number to be higher than 80%. Solo exemplifies the need to wet test because if he hadn't he might have purchased the Jacuzzi or Sundance based on their good reputations and while they are fan favorites of many he may have been dissappointed once he got it home and soaked in it.

Take the time and wet test, wet test, wet test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:59:27 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Lars

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 11:20:40 am »
Someone below mentioned that they love the sequencer on their D1 spa because they didn't like all the jets blasting them.  I love all the jets blasting me and probably wouldn't use the sequencer. !
I think you'll find you only love all the jets blasting you till your skin starts to tingle, then you either move or turn the jets off.

Hence, the sequencer, which does it for you, if you wish.  It is a nice idea.  Whether it's worth the money is up to you.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 04:46:21 pm »

That figure just blows my mind.

Get this...

In almost 10 years with Beachcomber, we had 2 or 3 people a year wet test. We sold 400 spas a year and even built a beautiful test room for privacy and yet less than a handful of people ever did. It was offered in every presentation but very few ever took advanatge of that. I never understood it personally...

We did also promote our 30 day gurantee which allowed our customers to either exchange their spa or get a full refund within that time period if they were unhappy for whatever reason. 2 people took advantage of that. 1 person exchanged the same model for a different color and one wanted a refund. Not bad in almost 4000 units...

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 04:46:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42