What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How would you rate my dealer?  (Read 5875 times)

JerryofWNY

How would you rate my dealer?
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:18:56 pm »
Ordered a tub several weeks ago and it was delivered Tuesday of last week. The delivery came late in the afternoon and set-up went smoothly. The next morning my wife came out the door and saw the tub with the sun shining on it (It was shaded at the time of set-up) and was visibly upset.  She was very unhappy with the colors which were much more vibrant in the sunlight. I never filled the tub. To make a long story short, I called the dealer and they agreed to take the tub back, order us a color which will fit in with our yard better. I did have to cover their cost of picking up and second delivery which I felt was only fair. They didn't want to do it in one trip because they didn't want to tie up the tub for possibly 8 weeks. Total came to $350 + tax. I live about 40 miles from my dealer. I'm satisfied with this, as we are the cause of the situation, and am wondering what you think. Especially you dealers out there.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:19:58 pm by JerryofWNY »

Hot Tub Forum

How would you rate my dealer?
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:18:56 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: How would you rate my dealer?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:29:42 pm »
Ordered a tub several weeks ago and it was delivered Tuesday of last week. The delivery came late in the afternoon and set-up went smoothly. The next morning my wife came out the door and saw the tub with the sun shining on it (It was shaded at the time of set-up) and was visibly upset.  She was very unhappy with the colors which were much more vibrant in the sunlight. I never filled the tub. To make a long story short, I called the dealer and they agreed to take the tub back, order us a color which will fit in with our yard better. I did have to cover their cost of picking up and second delivery which I felt was only fair. They didn't want to do it in one trip because they didn't want to tie up the tub for possibly 8 weeks. Total came to $350 + tax. I live about 40 miles from my dealer. I'm satisfied with this, as we are the cause of the situation, and am wondering what you think. Especially you dealers out there.

I'm not a dealer but this seems fair and I would be satisfied, too.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:24 pm »
The dealer was very reasonable, I think most would have said you're SOL.

96SC

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:44 pm »
Not a dealer:

What I think:
Did your wife go along to pick out the original spa?
Did you triple ask her if that's the color she wanted?
Did you then say, 'are you sure'?
Did you tell her she needs to get a part-time job to pay for the exchange?

My guess the answers to all 4 questions is NO.  ;D

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Tell her she has to learn how to maintain the chemicals in the spa.  Women can do it, ask the women in here, so  don't let her tell you 'I can't do it'. :-*

$350 sounds reasonable enough but paying taxes on labor?
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

In Canada eh

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 09:57:14 pm »
I think this is a good example of a dealer bending over backwards to keep a customer happy.  Your dealer knew that your wife would never be happy with the tub knew that it made more sense to eat the loss of selling your tub as a floor model.  Given that you had picked out the colour I think the $350 charge is reasonable.  I am sorry that you will have to wait another 6 to 8 weeks for your new tub to come in though.

Bullfrog 451

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 10:13:32 pm »
I think the dealer qualifies as "spectacular"..... Though I'm betting he has another customer wanting the spa and is selling it to them as new (which technically it is).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 12:36:05 am »
I'd say very reasonable. It sounds like you're happy with it too - feel free to give them props here. This forum is not just for stories about bad dealer experiences  ;)
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 07:42:54 am »
Sounds like your dealer went the extra yard to make you happy.  Paying that fee was very fair- your initial purchase included costs to the dealer for delivery and installation.
 You used that up on spa #1.  You did't pay for spa #2, so no "free" delivery or installation.  
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 07:55:43 am »
Where at in Western NY?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

JerryofWNY

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 09:03:16 am »
The dealer was Pool Mart on Transit Rd. I'm out in the boonies SE of East Aurora. These folks have impressed me from the first time I walked in the showroom - very professional while personable at the same time. We didn't spend tons of money on a top end spa. Had to keep within our budget, but found a Reflections by Vita that had what we wanted, wet tested well, and was affordable.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 04:56:18 pm »
My Jacuzzi dealer here in the STL also has a 30 day "no questions asked return policy". Only one other dealer out of the eight I visited last year had the same policy. It was Caldera.

JerryofWNY

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 07:40:00 pm »
In talking to my salesman he said one reason they took care of me so quickly and fairly is that I accepted responsibility and didn't come in shooting my mouth off with any kind of demands. He said he appreciated daling with reasonable people who he felt should be treated reasonably.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 07:45:26 pm »
Is there a girl at your dealership named Nicole?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 07:51:32 pm »
I agree, you have a very understanding dealer...and now a happy wife. It always pays to treat people like you want to be treated. You were honest and willing to pay for the switch...they appreciate good customers.

But I just want to know what makes 96SC think that women can actully test and/or balance the water in a hot tub... :-/
I quit testing mine because I didn't like the colors on the test strips... :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

JerryofWNY

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 08:55:10 pm »
Is there a girl at your dealership named Nicole?

I'm not sure. I know there is at least one female on the sales staff, but I have only dealt with one salesman and spa tech. They do have more than one store in the area.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 08:55:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42