What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Curing concrete?  (Read 30329 times)

D.P. Roberts

Re: Curing concrete?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 11:20:40 am »
Cola's info is pretty much on target.  The majority of curing takes place in the first week.  That pad can handle a lot more weight than a hot tub.  I just poured a pad for a trash dumpster and put it to use in a week and that involves a trash truck backing into it and lifting and dropping.  Even a house foundation only sits a week before the framers start.  28 days is a long time to wait, IMO.

That's a good point about the house frame. I used to live in a development that was adding new houses on a daily basis, and I never saw them wait a month to start framing. And if I read Doc's graph correctly, it looks like the concrete is almost as strong as it's going to get after about two weeks.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 11:20:40 am »

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 04:13:31 pm »
I was going to wait two weeks anyway, but October is prime tubbin' weather here in Ohio, and I hate to wait two more weeks if I don't have to. Plus, as my namesake once said, I hate waiting.

If you just wait the two weeks that you where planning you should be fine, this cooler weather is best curing weather anyway, that's assuming its cooling off where you live. 2 weeks is one week longer than most people would wait anyway... :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 04:13:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42