What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saratoga spas?  (Read 4629 times)

solo

Saratoga spas?
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:54:34 pm »
My brother in law founbd what seems to be a great deal on a Saratoga Empire spa.  525 gallons, 55 jets, 2 pumps plus a circ pump.  135 sq foot filter.  On paper, it seems like a nice spa and a closeout deal in my price range ($8000).

Might drive up to MD to wet test.  Heading that way to pick up my mother this weekend already.  

HS, Jacuzzi, D1, Marquis, Caldera, etc seem to be the trusted names in spas in many of the forums I have been in.  

What if naything do you know about Saratoga Spas?

Hot Tub Forum

Saratoga spas?
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:54:34 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: Saratoga spas?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:23:54 pm »
I've personally never heard of them.  After a quick look at the website:

- "About" link doesn't work.  I don't know if this outfit is in Saratoga, NY or just using the name as a marketing tool.
- There is nary a word regarding its Warranty.
- Not much info about the components used in the tub.
- I couldn't tell if they are thermopane or full foam tubs.

IMO, not much to go on in general.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:27:33 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:49:51 pm »
I dont know much about them either but I drive by the factory in Latham NY. I looked at them since they were local to me but I was able to get a better deal on a different brand. goodluck.

Seahawk

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:10:49 am »
Solo,  
Just remember that if you drive up to MD to look at the Saratoga,  make sure you discuss warranty work costs.  It would not be unreasonable for a company to charge full labor charges on any warranty work, generally speaking having to travel 1.5 to 2 hours to provide service is generally quite far.  I am assuming that you are looking at a dealer in the Waldorf area.  Personally, I would stick to you own backyard.  You have more than enough dealers in your given area who'll provide better service than a company that far away.  Also, if there happens to be a Saratoga dealer in Richmond and you buy from a dealer in MD, good look getting the Richmond dealer to assist you.  Good Luck!

Dipstick

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:09:54 pm »
Saratoga's are low quality tub that looks good. It is easy to build a good looking tub but it is much more difficult to build a quality tub.

Stick with one of the major players and you will are much more likely to happy years down the road.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:10:20 pm by Dipstick »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:09:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42