What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Caldera Dealers here?  (Read 6595 times)

D.P. Roberts

Re: Any Caldera Dealers here?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 07:48:57 pm »
Dan,

I'm just tired of the high pressure tactics I see in the showroom and this forum.  I'm tired of one dealer slamming the next.  I'm REALLy tired of the guys in this forum pushing the sale.  NOT ONCE in this forum have I heard a dealer tell a prospective buyer that they could get a better deal.  It's always "buy, buy, buy".

Solo,

1) There have been many posts - maybe not with you, but with other shoppers - where people have pointed out that a shopper can do better than what the dealer offered.
2) I'm not a dealer, and I'd like to see you just get the spa you like. I think some people just don't understand your particular thought processes or shopping methods. They may have seen shoppers like you in their store, and they didn't understand them either, so they're taking it out on you. There's a psychological term for that - transference or something.
3) Please keep in mind that although you may feel "pressured", nobody on this forum stands to make a dime on your purchase, one way or another. They just like the spas they represent, and they see you interested in one, so they want things to work out. I think it's like people who want to fix their best buddy up with somebody on a date - "You've met her, she likes you, you like her, so what's the holdup? Ask her out already!!"
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 07:48:57 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 11:09:24 pm »

The Geneva DOES have a lounge.

Sorry about that. I was thinking of the Niagara for some reason. Too many Stone IPA's probably that night......
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 11:55:34 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

solo

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 08:45:45 am »

Solo,

1) There have been many posts - maybe not with you, but with other shoppers - where people have pointed out that a shopper can do better than what the dealer offered.
2) I'm not a dealer, and I'd like to see you just get the spa you like. I think some people just don't understand your particular thought processes or shopping methods. They may have seen shoppers like you in their store, and they didn't understand them either, so they're taking it out on you. There's a psychological term for that - transference or something.
3) Please keep in mind that although you may feel "pressured", nobody on this forum stands to make a dime on your purchase, one way or another. They just like the spas they represent, and they see you interested in one, so they want things to work out. I think it's like people who want to fix their best buddy up with somebody on a date - "You've met her, she likes you, you like her, so what's the holdup? Ask her out already!!"

My Caldera dealer told me that people are paid to cruise forums like this.  In fact, He told me that he saw my posts.  I would imagine that spa dealers that don't have suctomers in their shops are probably crusing tyhe net looking for potential cusatomers.  My belief is that forums like this exist to educate the consumer about spas, but also to drive spa sales.  Notice that many people are saying "great deal" or "buy, buy, buy" regardless of what the deal is.  

You never know who is on the other end of the internet ot what their intentions are.  I came to this forum to get educated on spas.  I have accomplished that.  I was hoping to find other consumers sharing pricing info, negotiating tips, etc.  I did find some of that here too, but not as much as I was hoping for.

All in all, despte the ribbing I have taken, I am glad that I found this forum.  I have learned a lot from the experience and have been given some great advice.  It was certainly worth the heat I have taken.  

RK23

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 09:50:36 am »

Sorry about that. I was thinking of the Niagara for some reason. Too many Stone IPA's probably that night......

Can't blame you for that...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 09:50:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42