What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Time to slow down the search  (Read 3513 times)

solo

Time to slow down the search
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:02:55 am »
As someone else pointed out, I have turned what should be fun into not as much fun because I have been rushing.  I errantly thought that showing my dealers I was ready to buy would make them want to work with me.

But last night I started thinking....what's the rush?  I should be taking my time and enjoying the experience.  This is a big decision and shouldn't be made in haste.  Why not go out and see what everyone has to offer?  This should be fun.  My rush to make a deal has taken away from the experience.

Others have been trying to tell me,  but it finally clicked in my head last night.  It's time to switch gears and enjoy myself.  I already know that there are 2 tubs out there that I like, might as well see what others will fit my needs too.  I may find that a vita, hawkeye, bullfrog, D1 or Jacuzzi brand has been exactly what I have been looking for and I just hadn't taken the time to do my homework.

Thanks for the lessons fellas.  Even if you did need to drill through my granite skull in teaching it.

Hot Tub Forum

Time to slow down the search
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:02:55 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Time to slow down the search
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 07:53:26 am »
Solo, You might even find that going to your health club and enjoying the warm water exercise is more cost effective and beneficial than owning a hot tub all together. I still go back to the poster on here who really thought a tub would help with her fibromyralgia and found that after she spent a ton of money and it was really not much help at all.

I can honestly say my tub has been a blessing because I have Lyme Arthritis, but your condition is different and you may not benefit as much. You have been searching to meet a price point and find what you think feels great, but it may all be an expensive investment that proves to be a waste of your money.  

Just a thought, but sometimes it takes a long time to make a decision because something is saying maybe this is not a good idea anyway. So possibly, you are really not convinced that you really need or even want a tub after all.

Good luck
Support your dealer so they can support you!

solo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:04:31 am »
Trust me...I feel GREAT when I get out of the hot tub.  I have fibromyalgia but I also have a rare joint condition that causes muscle tightness and inflammation.  The wet heat is the absolute best way to relax the muscles.

I have tried the hot tub at the fitness club.  The jets just don't provide adeqaute therapy.  But it will do until I can find the spa that meets my requirements.  I am certain that I will own a hot tub.  Just not in such a hurry.  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 09:30:34 am »
Trust me...I feel GREAT when I get out of the hot tub.  I have fibromyalgia but I also have a rare joint condition that causes muscle tightness and inflammation.  The wet heat is the absolute best way to relax the muscles.

I have tried the hot tub at the fitness club.  The jets just don't provide adeqaute therapy.  But it will do until I can find the spa that meets my requirements.  I am certain that I will own a hot tub.  Just not in such a hurry.  

Bring your test strips if you use a hot tub at a fitness club ;).  After owning my own, I don't know if I'll ever get into a public spa.

I think it is a good decision to slow down and enjoy the choosing process.  It is a big purchase and researching what everyone has to offer should be fun as well as informative.  After all, this is going to be sitting in your back yard for many years and there is so much out there today that it is worth checking everything out.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 10:22:23 am »
One of the most relaxing ways to spa shop is to visit all of the stores, just tell the salesperson that you are "just looking and would like some brochures".  Get the brochure, write up some ridiculously low prices on them, and take them with you whilst you shop at other places.  Show them to the next salesperson and ask him to beat their prices and listen to the spin each will try to place on the competitor's product.

Tell them that you expect to receive a settlement in the near future, and then ask them if they have a 24 month no payment, no interest financing plan (that's always fun to do).

Narrow it down to the 3 or 4 brands you're most interested in and schedule wet tests.  Try out at least 3 of each brand's so that you'll get a good cross section of what they offer.  If they won't accomodate you, then you know what you need to know about knowing them.

If you have already bought your AR-15, take it to the range and sight it in on the brochures and try to hit the pictures of the spas.  If most of your bullets hit a certain spa, then it is your subconcious making the decision for you and it should be simple.  Of course, you can't do this unless you've already picked out your rifle.  I'm not sure of the surest fire way to do that yet.

Good luck!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cxturboboost

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 12:20:52 pm »
Term,

This is the kind of response that Mr. Solo deserves  ;D
Anybody ever think that he is "solo" for a reason?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 12:38:37 pm »
I'm just trying to help him have some fun while shopping for spas...it should be a fun process and these are just some ideas that will bring him some enjoyment.

However, tread lightly when carrying on too much with the dealer.  Some of them might not be very good natured about it.  Here in Texas, it is the law that business owners have the right to shoot, shovel, and shut up any customer that they deem necessary and do not have to serve one and all like they do up north where "the customer is always right". ::)

I've had my buttons pushed a few times when I was a spa-neophyte or nymphophyte or whatever that word is, and there's a couple of those goomers buried out back in the blackberry patch, but I'm not too proud of that and have since learned temperance.

I'm just saying so you don't rub a man's giblet with a calloused hand, that's all.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 01:41:10 pm »

I'm just saying so you don't rub a man's giblet with a calloused hand, that's all.

Term

Advice for the Ages, if I ever heard it.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 02:36:53 pm »
I really need to move to Texas and broaden my vocabulary... ;D

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 08:00:27 pm »
I'd rather live someplace where no one needs to come up with a phrase like that - it should go without saying!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 08:00:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42