What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I made an offer on a hot tub  (Read 11648 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: I made an offer on a hot tub
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 11:24:50 am »
Dontcha need a budget for ammo too? No sense having a rifle without ammo, that's like a hot tub without water in it.

One of the wonderful things about the AR-15's robust design is that you can shoot pretty much anything you want in it.  One time when I was surrounded by Huns, I realized I had exhausted my supply of .223.  I quickly reached into my duffel bag, grabbed some spent brass, my pipe tobacco, my saltpieter reserves, a feminine hygiene applicator, and some rock salt out of my ice cream machine.  Combining these ingredients, I was able to defend my bunker and preserve the virtue of the hydrotherapy technicians that were in my charge.

Ammo is all around you, you just have to know where to look.

Solo, please consider this information during your search and it will be a great inspiration to you.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 11:24:50 am »

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 11:40:33 am »

Personally I think we should all stop responding.

I'll now go back into the background

...until the next time you respond.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:42:32 am by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2007, 12:15:29 pm »
I come here for good info and the occasional good laugh.
Getting the good info...getting lots of laughs (Thanks Term!)...also getting lots of junior high school gossipy bullying from senior members (WTF?)  As requested by our illustrious moderator, maybe it's time to raise the maturity level a bit...Sorry, it's just getting a little old.  ::)
SB

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2007, 01:41:47 pm »

...until the next time you respond.

Hey, I wasn't responding to solo I was giving advice to everyone else ... there is a difference. Just like I'm responding to you.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 02:27:13 pm »
So now you're not responding to the thread but instead you're responding to my pointing out that you ignored your own plea to stop responding??
I think we got it now..... :o
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 02:30:33 pm by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2007, 02:50:06 pm »
I made an offer on a hot tub today to my Hotsprings dealer.  He is selling the Envoy for $8900.  I offered $8000 cash offer.

He's getting back to me.

If he takes it, I'll be the proud owner of an Envoy.  If he doesn't, onward to Caldera, Jacuzzi, and Bullfrog.  

Huh?  I thought you had decided to get one of the other Hot Tub's that was in your price range?  Now, it appears that you have gotten more cash and are now trying to find one that is more expensive than you budget?  I guess I just don't get it.  If you didn't have enough for what you wanted, and then got that money, why not simply buy that one?

If you have $8K to work with, why don't you do a search and find a tub that others have actually been able to buy that price rather than trying to buy a tub that is priced higher?  To re-enforce the premise, it's like shopping for a new car and liking the Acura TL but then realizing that it's just a "little" out of your price range.  You work out a deal to get that difference from your mom and now COULD easily get that car but instead you decide that you like the Mercedes CLS500 and think that would be "much better".... Well DO-ah!  Of course it would but....  What happens next?  Do you go to your father and get the extra $10K to get that one and then decide that the CLS55 AMG would be even better still?  

I keep reading witht he expectation that reality has to sink in sometime, doesn't it?  Pretty soon you'll run out of relatives.  I think we all understand that you are tryign to get the "best deal" out there but you may also want to try to apply (some) logic to this approach.

If your considering Jacuzzi, take a look at this thread where a guy picked up one of the smaller J-325's for $5K.  I would think he could give you the BEST current pricing valuations for the larger Jacuzzi's.
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1190403500/15#16
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 06:15:36 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 12:42:28 am »
Oh that's just LOGICAL.... ::)  ;) ;D

solo

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 03:37:32 pm »

Huh?  I thought you had decided to get one of the other Hot Tub's that was in your price range?  Now, it appears that you have gotten more cash and are now trying to find one that is more expensive than you budget?  I guess I just don't get it.  If you didn't have enough for what you wanted, and then got that money, why not simply buy that one?

If you have $8K to work with, why don't you do a search and find a tub that others have actually been able to buy that price rather than trying to buy a tub that is priced higher?  To re-enforce the premise, it's like shopping for a new car and liking the Acura TL but then realizing that it's just a "little" out of your price range.  You work out a deal to get that difference from your mom and now COULD easily get that car but instead you decide that you like the Mercedes CLS500 and think that would be "much better".... Well DO-ah!  Of course it would but....  What happens next?  Do you go to your father and get the extra $10K to get that one and then decide that the CLS55 AMG would be even better still?  

I keep reading witht he expectation that reality has to sink in sometime, doesn't it?  Pretty soon you'll run out of relatives.  I think we all understand that you are tryign to get the "best deal" out there but you may also want to try to apply (some) logic to this approach.

If your considering Jacuzzi, take a look at this thread where a guy picked up one of the smaller J-325's for $5K.  I would think he could give you the BEST current pricing valuations for the larger Jacuzzi's.
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1190403500/15#16

Well, I guess we just don't understand each other bro.  Your PM's to me have been rather confusing as well.  However,  I will not try to publicly embarrass you though as you have done me.  

96SC

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 03:46:49 pm »
..... Everyone needs to say just one more thing...

Here's mine...pull the plug, Bill   >:(
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 06:25:20 pm »

Here's mine...pull the plug, Bill   >:(

No, wait.  I get the last word.

Ok, go ahead, Bill.   :D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 06:25:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42