What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lifespas  (Read 4788 times)

kmathur

Lifespas
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:48:28 pm »
Any feedback on this brand? From what I have seen, they have a pretty good product: http://www.lifespas.com/

Hot Tub Forum

Lifespas
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:48:28 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Lifespas
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 04:54:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum! :)

In your opinion, what makes them seem like a good value?

In my opinion and experience, they are one of many, many, many cookie cutter spa companies (Hydrospa, Warm Springs, White Springs, Sunco, Sundaze, Sunspa, Morgan, Aries, ALPS, Icon, Weslo, etc) that come and go.

They typically end up in the junk yard within 5 years.

Avoid like the plague.

Terminator
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:55:42 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

kmathur

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 06:28:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply Terminator. In answer to your question: I went to one of thier demos in LA. These guys have been in business for about 15 years in Chino. They have showrooms by appointment only and do not spend money on printed literature. They say this saves them enough money that they pass on to the consumer(?). The spa shells are vacuformed and then fiberglassed, a very strong process that has been abanonded in favor of full foam reinforcment on acryllic only. Acyrllic is also much thicker than industry standard. Their warrany is not pro-rated, so 100% is covered by their in house service division. Parts are not proprietary so every thing is available from a general pool supply store. They make a 550 gallon model which is hard to find. They also have a bromine generator system, which I have not really seen before in the US, but is common in saltwater pools in Europe. Problem is, I have seen hardly a post or review about these tubs.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 06:45:34 pm »
Thanks for the reply Terminator. In answer to your question: I went to one of thier demos in LA. These guys have been in business for about 15 years in Chino. They have showrooms by appointment only and do not spend money on printed literature. They say this saves them enough money that they pass on to the consumer(?). The spa shells are vacuformed and then fiberglassed, a very strong process that has been abanonded in favor of full foam reinforcment on acryllic only. Acyrllic is also much thicker than industry standard. Their warrany is not pro-rated, so 100% is covered by their in house service division. Parts are not proprietary so every thing is available from a general pool supply store. They make a 550 gallon model which is hard to find. They also have a bromine generator system, which I have not really seen before in the US, but is common in saltwater pools in Europe. Problem is, I have seen hardly a post or review about these tubs.

Showrooms by appointment only would be 1 reason not to buy one,how much are they saving you by not having any brochures? :roll:  Most acrylic spas do not rely on full foam for reinforcement the list goes on and on.  Try not to believe the crap this guy/gal is feeding you.

If you want to buy one do it but dont put much into it,I am sure you will love it whats the price for this 550 gallon spa?  

Checked out there website looks great didnt realize you could save so much by not ordering/printing brochures.

http://www.lifespas.com/

Sorry shouldnt dis you so much!  :)  If its what your looking for in that price range I am sure it will work for you,but do some more research with others who have bought from them,and the BBB.

FWIW I had never heard of them.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:55:55 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 07:11:33 pm »
I am going to apologize upfront for being blunt, simply put they are among the very worst in terms of quality and marketing ( did you get sucked into a ad that promoted $5000.00 spas for less than 2 grand), I went to a class for them as well, having a back round in sales and seeing their closing techniques and their sales teachings it is very much like a tin man sales process, they are poorly backed we have had to fixed several of their spas for people who had their warranty claims denied over the phone before a tech ever went to the home to see the spa and these were less than one year old spas.

Pathfinder

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 07:31:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply Terminator. In answer to your question: I went to one of thier demos in LA. These guys have been in business for about 15 years in Chino. They have showrooms by appointment onlythat would make me think they have another job bc this isnt making any money and do not spend money on printed literature$1000 for brochures isnt that much money. They say this saves them enough money that they pass on to the consumer(?). The spa shells are vacuformed and then fiberglassed, a very strong process that has been abanonded in favor of full foam reinforcment on acryllic onlyI would say 90% of the companies still hand roll fibreglass. Acyrllic is also much thicker than industry standardAcrylic is expensive these days and everyone buys from the 2 main manufacturers Aristech & Lucite so it wouldnt be thicker. Their warratny is not pro-rated, so 100% is covered by their in house service division. Parts are not proprietary so every thing is available from a general pool supply store. They make a 550 gallon model which is hard to findNot too hard to find a 93x93 open concept tub. They also have a bromine generator system, which I have not really seen before in the US, but is common in saltwater pools in Europe.The genesis system has been around for a while & works well but it completely different than a Saltwater generator for a pool Problem is, I have seen hardly a post or review about these tubs.

No offence but it sounds like you were fed a bunch of lines from someone who is as educated about spas as yourself. Id say keep looking

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 11:15:54 pm »
Any feedback on this brand? From what I have seen, they have a pretty good product: http://www.lifespas.com/

Listen to 101. Lifespas is a bottom feeder. Run like the wind.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 11:18:08 am »
They say they have factory direct prices:  what spa brands DON'T have factory direct prices?  The tubs go from the manufacturer to the dealers  :-?
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

kmathur

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 11:42:47 am »
Thanks. I needed all those lambastations to set me straight! Although I heard Hot Springs spends 13-15 million per year on their advertising.

Even so, when I search for reviews for the top rated spas (e.g.:Marquis, Hot Springs, Nordic etc.). There are always a few posts that say: "Stay Away, they are a disaster!". I imagine the larger volume manufacturers statistically have some lemons that make it into the mix.  

I am looking for the best (reliable/energy effieient/warranty) barrier-free ±500 gal spa, I guess under or around 10K. So far I have the HS Grandee, and the Nordic Rendezvous on my list. My old Grandee worked well for a long while, but gave up the ghost after 13 years; it ending up leaking like a sieve.

This question has probably already been answered on this forum a dozen times, but could you indulge me with some input to my search. Thanks in advance.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 11:50:36 am »
IMHO the best price/features/quality is Jacuzzi.  The largest tub there can be acquired in their 300-series line near the $8,200 mark
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 12:02:25 pm »
I am looking for the best (reliable/energy effieient/warranty) barrier-free ±500 gal spa, I guess under or around 10K. ........My old Grandee worked well for a long while, but gave up the ghost after 13 years; it ending up leaking like a sieve.

Since my first tub was also a 13 year old Hot Spring that performed well, I would say you may have answered your own question.   I replaced mine with a new Envoy and love it.

Good luck, Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 12:08:14 pm »
IMHO the best price/features/quality is HotSpring.  The largest tubs (Vista and Grandee) can be acquired between $8.5 & 10K.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 12:08:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42