What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New and need HELP!!  (Read 2138 times)

kelliat

New and need HELP!!
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:49:47 am »
Hi, I am really trying to talk my husband into a tub and I found a freebie in the paper that says it needs "some work."  What would be the best questions/things to look at if we go and look at it?  

If I go new, what is a good place to start when looking.  I am really new to this...

Thanks! ::)
Kelli

Hot Tub Forum

New and need HELP!!
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:49:47 am »

96SC

Re: New and need HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 09:39:49 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Make sure the used spa at least works.  If they can't show you it works (pumps work, heater works etc) you may want to look elsewhere.
A new spa, read, research, read some more.  Especially posts in here.  (As an idea crosses your mind do a search, above tab.  There will be many replies on the subject usually)  Then come up with a list of what you want in a tub: lounger, foot jets, certain areas of your body that need more therapy, how many people .  If you don't really need therapy just hot water you can go that route.
Then when you get your list of 'wishes' start brochure looking (you can start having them sent to your house now..word of caution, if you contact Master Spa (or is it Thermo spa?) get ready for a phone call barrage) to eliminate which spas don't have what you want.  Then you can begin the wet testing.  Don't 'fall in love with a name' (if you look through the forum you'll get an idea of which companies to avoid (part of the research phase)).  The wet test will be more helpful than any spoken word.  Seal the deal and start soaking.
IMHO if a dealer wont' let you wet test go to the next one.  If a dealer doesn't make you feel comfortable or you don't trust them, move on.  
Hopefully others will leave comments but that is my 2˘.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:51:32 pm by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:09:31 am »
There might be a good reason it's free  :o   Just be careful you don't get stuck with a big heap of junk.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:09:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42